Which FM to get?

Which FM is most fun?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Which FM is most fun?

I haven't played FM properly for years, so I have no idea what features sets the different versions apart. I'm asking which version to buy as I don't really care about having the database up to date, it's a minor plus but won't bother me. I guess this includes FM07-12.

Which version is the most FUN to play? Things off the top of my head that make a game like this fun:

- fast, simple, and intuitive interface

- clear feedback (I want to play the game, not read the forum to understand what I'm doing wrong)

- realistic (I want to feel like I'm managing a football team, not a spreadsheet)

- a lack of repetitive "must do" tasks

- challenging (I won't suss the AI within a season)

Judging by past releases, what is the likelihood of me being able to play a ~10 year career on 2012 release without ridiculous bugs popping up (or at least being able to patch it halfway and not have to start over)?

Right now £30 for 2012 on Steam seems overpriced though, and why is 2011 still £20 on Steam? A sale or price drop for 2011 seems like a good idea right now. When is 2012 likely to first drop in price?

I'll be trying to 2012 demo now but answers to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Archived