Goalkeeper Development Question

My training schedules are based on the principle of 3 stages in a players career: Developing, 1st Team and Veteran.

It is easy to pick when outfield players change types of schedule (Developing 15-25, 1st team 25-32, Veteran 32+)

But for a goalkeeper, generally I have no idea when they stop developing because it says in game that they peak around 32ish. So when would you consider them to be not developing? :)

I think you need a different approach altogether for goalkeepers. Things like speed and fitness aren't as important for goalkeepers, so they can continue improving longer than a lot of outfield players- but they still won't be improving physically.

I'd emphasise aerobic training on goalkeepers aged 15-24 or so. Those aged 25-32 would focus on goalkeeping, and those aged 32+ would focus on tactics. All three would train in all three areas, but the emphasis would shift over time. That's essentially what most people do with outfield players too, but generally your veterans goalkeepers can keep playing at the top level longer than other players.

Archived