Attributes Declining

I’ve got a good young centre back who is unhappy with his training schedule and his attributes are declining I presume as a result of this. Now I seem to remember that this was generally because of the workload but I’ve tried adjusting that to no success. Does anyone have any ideas what to do?

My centre-backs have their own training setup, maybe you could take that approach rather than using the pre-sets. I've never had an unhappy player on this schedule.

I've created my own training setup already but this particular player doesn't seem to like it. The other centre backs seem fine with it.

I've created my own training setup already but this particular player doesn't seem to like it. The other centre backs seem fine with it.

Sounds like he needs his own then. Create one just for him, lesser load than the other players. Read your assistants feedback at the start of every month and see if he's still improving or declining.

Sounds like he needs his own then. Create one just for him, lesser load than the other players. Read your assistants feedback at the start of every month and see if he's still improving or declining.

I wasn't aware that the assistant gave feedback each month or are you talking about the backroom staff meeting?

It's not always just the overall level which upsets players. Last season I had a 'wingers' training schedule which made most of my wide players happy but Gareth Bale unhappy. Eventually I found out that he wanted more defensive work in his training and it was that, rather than the level causing the unhappiness, so it may be your miserable centre back wants his workload re-balanced. Perhaps he dreams of playing up front and wants shooting practice, or just you're giving him too much physical and not enough of something else.

He'll send you an inbox at the start of every month.

MichaelWDanielsNews_Inbox-35.png

If there are underperforming players, I'll move them to a different schedule to improve the points they dropped in the previous month.

Ok, yes I've seen this but never really taken too much notice of it. Thanks for that as you've given me a good tip there :)

Ok, yes I've seen this but never really taken too much notice of it. Thanks for that as you've given me a good tip there :)

Another good tip is to speak to them directly:

Interaction > Have private chat > Development > Training level - You need to step up your training if you want first-team football, etc...

It's not always just the overall level which upsets players. Last season I had a 'wingers' training schedule which made most of my wide players happy but Gareth Bale unhappy. Eventually I found out that he wanted more defensive work in his training and it was that, rather than the level causing the unhappiness.

A good point as I don’t think this is anything to do with training levels as he was on a light work load which had been moved up to a medium level and he’s still unhappy. I’ll design a specific training programme for him tonight and see if that helps.

Players moaning about workloads etc are lacking Professionality. This may have two outcomes:

A) They will not develop properly

B) They will have poorer fitness than other, more professional, players

(the idea is that they are less inclined to do what it takes to prepare themselves optimally for matches and training)

The only way to fix this is to tutor him with someone who is more professional. Sure, unprofessional players may still be good, but they won't be as good as professional ones.

I find that putting them on the standard defender/midfielder/forward setups normally makes them happy with the training. I have had players developing well while being unhappy with the schedule, though, which suggests that your player losing attribute points is because of CA deterioration. Training schedules can -not- affect CA, as it only distributes it into attributes.

The only explanation left is that he is not only unprofessional but unambitious as well. If you can't tutor him he will eventually become an amateur or even quit football.

Oh BTW, it is good for discipline to chastise all the players who the assistant believes are training poorly. I do that every month and they always accept (sometimes after a bit of yelling and growling).

Players moaning about workloads etc are lacking Professionality. This may have two outcomes:

A) They will not develop properly

B) They will have poorer fitness than other, more professional, players

(the idea is that they are less inclined to do what it takes to prepare themselves optimally for matches and training)

The only way to fix this is to tutor him with someone who is more professional. Sure, unprofessional players may still be good, but they won't be as good as professional ones.

I find that putting them on the standard defender/midfielder/forward setups normally makes them happy with the training. I have had players developing well while being unhappy with the schedule, though, which suggests that your player losing attribute points is because of CA deterioration. Training schedules can -not- affect CA, as it only distributes it into attributes.

The only explanation left is that he is not only unprofessional but unambitious as well. If you can't tutor him he will eventually become an amateur or even quit football.

Oh BTW, it is good for discipline to chastise all the players who the assistant believes are training poorly. I do that every month and they always accept (sometimes after a bit of yelling and growling).

Some interesting points there BiggusD which I'll take a look at when I get home tonight.

Archived