Low-Spec Systems

The 1st thing you should do is load fewer playable leagues and also load less players when you set up a game for the first time. It also wouldn't hurt to free up some ram on your computer by downloading and running programs like 'game booster' (although I'm not entirely sure of the benefits of this).

For 3D matches, make sure you untick weather effects, stadiums etc and select the lowest graphics level.

Finally defrag + clean your computer as best you can.

I tried something like a 'game booster' program for an FM a few versions back when my computer spec was very very out of date. it got mixed feedback on here at the time if i remember, but i thought it made the game quicker.

and like dirtyscarab says, go for the minimum leagues/players you can and still enjoy the game. Lower league management games make that harder, but if you can run even 3-4 playable divisions wherever in the world and minimum players loaded i've had some tip top saves doing that and the speed hasn't been a problem

I was able to play FM10 on my 8 year old work... I mean other... PC which is way below the minimum specs but could only use 1 league, small database, 2-D graphics etc.

The most important thing was to cut out all other programs, even the ones that weren't doing anything. Leaving Firefox open slowed the game to a standstill.

And save before every match. It crashed like crazy.

Only run leagues you are sure that you will manage in (if you only have an inckling then dont load that league), Find a guide to speed windows by turning off uneccessary processes (youll be amazed at just what is running in the background sometimes, fir instance, would you ever use a graphics tablet...no? turn off the proccess), also ram is relatively cheap (very very cheap if you are using ddr3) add some more, Make you system upto 4GB ram is possible, it WILL make a difference.

Also have to agree with what dirtyscarab said about the match engine, sticking it on low and turning off stadiums, weather effects and so on will help, if the match engine is still jerky, then its time to run in 2D.

I tried something like a 'game booster' program for an FM a few versions back when my computer spec was very very out of date. it got mixed feedback on here at the time if i remember, but i thought it made the game quicker.

What program would you recommend then?

Archived