Last FM11 Save About To Be Ruined By...

Paul Fricking Jewell! :mad:

Better give the back story to this to help explain my anger.

Couple of days ago i decieded to start my last save on FM11 and after about an hour of looking at squads i finally set up shop in Portsmouth. Not the most glamourous of challenges but one that looked a lot of fun. Anyway the first season flew by with no players in and non out and i finished a respectable 12th in the league. Board were happy and so was I considering the financial restraints. Pre season came and gone in the early hours of the morning and after a good bit of wheeling and dealing i finally had a squad capable to challenge for the title! Everything was going great. Then something changed...

I knew the board were looking to sell the club and i couldnt be more delighted to get some much needed help. A record of 8-wins 1-draw in first 9 put us top of the league but that now seems to matter very little. 2 messages has changed the mood in the pompey camp. The new board if successful with their bid want big round PJ as manager! What the F???? Not only that the man had the cheek to come watch my last home win! Am i doomed?

No matter what happens big round PJ will be my arch enemy for a good few years now. Real and virtual life! (Il show you, you fat B for F-ing with my last S-ing Save!) :mad:

Take a deep breath...and relax, you almost definitely won't get sacked. I've had that news item a bunch of times and only ever lost my job once when we were losing constantly and massively below the boards seasonal expectations. Just keep up your decent form, make sure your on target to meet the expectations set by the current board at the start of the season and your job will be completely safe.

Good to hear! I have build of squad of my favourite rejects and i really want to keep it going. If the worse happens i will stay unemployed until the Southampton job comes up! :D

You can still hate Paul Jewell with a passion though :)

You can still hate Paul Jewell with a passion though :)

Dont worry buddy i will! :)

Board took over and they are saying i will be informed in a few days if they are keeping me. Just got beat by Hull aswell, not looking great.

Beat Reading 7-3 a couple of games ago and got their manager sacked, guess who they just hired?!

So so happy right now that atleast he aint getting my job :) Reading are other rivals too so worked out great!

While someone on the careers forum got sacked after leading a Montenegrin side to 2 back-to-back promotions, generally as long as you're not doing too badly you should be alright, and if you're doing well you'll almost certainly stay.

Archived