Japanese League & Players

No. J.League is licensed to another mob. It isn't just the Japanese players thta we miss out on, some key Australian players (Josh Kennedy, Alex Brosque) play in Japan so when managing as Australia or in the A-League where you need a squad made up mostly of Australian players you miss out on some real quality.

It is unfortunate it is this way but I don't think it will ever change. It would be nice if the players were available but the teams not.

The annoying thing about this is that Konami & SI have worked together in the past, IIRC SI have provided player data for PES & Konami helped with FM's 3D match display.

Their respective products are not directly competing so I have never seen why the two publishers cannot come to an agreement.

Konami want the J-league all to themselves because that is where they are based, I mean if I had a local gaming company near me that had worldwide reputation I would think it was strange that they wouldn't be allowed to have EPL at least!

Konami want the J-league all to themselves because that is where they are based, I mean if I had a local gaming company near me that had worldwide reputation I would think it was strange that they wouldn't be allowed to have EPL at least!

Correctamundo.

I believe Konami pay a hefty sum for the Japanese license. It's pretty much the only one they own. A prestige, if you like.

No. J.League is licensed to another mob. It isn't just the Japanese players thta we miss out on, some key Australian players (Josh Kennedy, Alex Brosque) play in Japan so when managing as Australia or in the A-League where you need a squad made up mostly of Australian players you miss out on some real quality.

It is unfortunate it is this way but I don't think it will ever change. It would be nice if the players were available but the teams not.

Don't they show up if you choose 'Players Of Nationality' (Australia) in a custom database?

I think they're kinda kicking themselves in the teeth having exclusivity deals, they could expose their league* national team to a far bigger fan-base if it was more accessible in FM and other media. I know I've become a fan of football teams/leagues because of FM at times.

Archived