option to turn off....

Same goes for press conferences imo, sure they're 'realistic' and part of a managers job but no amount of new questions will make it a feature I'll ever use and leaving them to your Ass. Man is just such a lottery of will he / wont he get the answers 'right' that we really need the option to just not have them in the game.

I can completly understand where the both of you are coming from and i agree in particular with the press conferences but i think SI's problem would be where does it stop. realism to turn of agents? contracts? wages, tactics ect there will always beanother person wanting something else with the option to turn off and on most people would want the win easy quick button but i think that should never happen :p i'm still really keen on a instant result button i would love it when i am in charge of a top team to simulate instantly the league cup 3rd and 4th round matches and if i've won the league with 3-4 games left would be useful for them games too. before anyone says holiday i don't like to do that i feel like i'm missing out for some reason and just feels wrong and not realistic for a manager to go on holiday for 1 day on the day of the match :p

I can completly understand where the both of you are coming from and i agree in particular with the press conferences but i think SI's problem would be where does it stop. realism to turn of agents? contracts? wages, tactics ect there will always beanother person wanting something else with the option to turn off and on most people would want the win easy quick button but i think that should never happen :p i'm still really keen on a instant result button i would love it when i am in charge of a top team to simulate instantly the league cup 3rd and 4th round matches and if i've won the league with 3-4 games left would be useful for them games too. before anyone says holiday i don't like to do that i feel like i'm missing out for some reason and just feels wrong and not realistic for a manager to go on holiday for 1 day on the day of the match :p

How about an option to ask the assistant to take charge of the next match? That will satisfy the realism aspect & allow you to just click continue & wait for the result to come in.

The only thing, which is more of a aauto feature rather than a turn off one, would be youth contracts.

An option for the Ass Man, or youth coach to confirm youth contracts etc.. You set the level you want for youths, ie anyone over 3 stars gets a contract, or realeased if they are below..

But, thats more of a "lazy" option..

Work permits are rather silly. At a big club I can get the work permit no problem I just need to apply then appeal. Then it's sorted.

For a lower club I may get the option to sign on appeal, but have to loan them out.

And at a much lower club no amount of appealing will do it.

So for top clubs - work away and sign whoever you want, you'll get the work permit on appeal.

For lower clubs, just search for players with EU Nationality.

Sorted.

Work permits are rather silly. At a big club I can get the work permit no problem I just need to apply then appeal. Then it's sorted.

For a lower club I may get the option to sign on appeal, but have to loan them out.

And at a much lower club no amount of appealing will do it.

So for top clubs - work away and sign whoever you want, you'll get the work permit on appeal.

For lower clubs, just search for players with EU Nationality.

Sorted.

The reason why you fail to sign non-EU players for lower league clubs is because they aren't good enough. There is criteria that you have to fulfill to get a WP for football. If you do not meet this criteria then you can appeal and get granted a work permit on grounds of being an exceptional talent. You can't (in theory) be an exceptional talent if you're signing for a lower league side.

Work permits can be turned off, via the pre game editor. Ditto squad registration requirements.

Press conferences can be turned off by asking the assman to handle them.

The Assman will handle the next game if you holiday through it.

I think it is doable having the option to turn off work permits and team registration! But to be fair most players know the laws and just play around them like they would have to in real life, and the press conferences that shouldn't have as much affect on the players like it does! But if you are that bothered, I would just say Download FMRTE and just do everything in there! Like registering a player and for work permits give him a second nationality of say Northern Irish!

I am not saying go out and do that lol, nor am I suggesting it to be fair, just letting you know that it can be done using it!

So, using third party editors to change something in game, so it could help you 'win' things easier isn't cheating for you?

IF you change something to make it easier then yes it is cheating

To see what CA/PA is, or to change your favorite staff etc isnt.

*The above are the views of the user: Reccy and not of the general public*

IF you change something to make it easier then yes it is cheating

To see what CA/PA is, or to change your favorite staff etc isnt.

*The above are the views of the user: Reccy and not of the general public*

It's cheating as well if you're using it to see CA and/or PA.

So, using third party editors to change something in game, so it could help you 'win' things easier isn't cheating for you?
In this case, arguably yes, it's cheating (unless, of course, the user's is doing the same thing for other teams), as it only benefits one team - the user's.

A "non-cheating" edit to FMRTE is kind of hard to judge... For example, lowering the league's reputation the user is in might not be cheating because it affects other clubs in the league and the user spends most of his time playing against these other teams, but it also means that the other teams in the league have a larger pool of teams to compete with (as lowering the reputation puts it on par with more teams in the world) that the user might be able to deal with better, so it is possible that the user is gaining an advantage anyway. But it probably would be considered less of a cheat edit than the above.

Non-cheating changes that are fairly "uncontroversial" are things like kit colour changes (although colour bias exists!) that have no impact on gameplay, but those are few and far between.

Changes to fix SI's wrongs, such as the international withdrawals bug, are arguably still controversial since you need to apply it to every single player who suffers from this bug - in reality, it will be a select few the user is aware of.

It's cheating as well if you're using it to see CA and/or PA.

Thats YOUR opinion, not fact. I dont use the editior myself, but people have different views onto what is classed as cheating..

I personally wouldn't class it as "cheating" to check CA/PA..

Thats YOUR opinion, not fact. I dont use the editior myself, but people have different views onto what is classed as cheating..

I personally wouldn't class it as "cheating" to check CA/PA..

It's a fact actually as it helps you to see some things which you are not able to see when you're normally playing the game. So, given that you see those hidden things by using third party editor it gives you unfair advantage for achieving some thing easier then it you should.

It's a fact actually as it helps you to see some things which you are not able to see when you're normally playing the game. So, given that you see those hidden things by using third party editor it gives you unfair advantage for achieving some thing easier then it you should.

Take into account if you sign a player with a high PA. You will undoubtedly get interest from the big clubs, say from Man Utd, Barcelona, Real Madrid and Inter.

If you take over one of those clubs and ask them to scout your current team with the star PA player - they're scouts won't report back that the player has massive potential.

Yet somehow the AI knows instantly when you have a great player, as you get constant bids and have to switch the Reject All Offers on.

The only time I'll check CA and PA is for players that the AI constantly bids for in the course of the transfer window.

In my view, the AI knows exactly what potential this player has, as more than 1 top team is constantly bidding. So if they know then I should know.

My staff, my coaches, and my scouts don't pick up on these players as quickly as the AI does. So the AI has an advantage in this case.

If you don't believe me then try it. Sign a player with very high PA. And I guarantee you that all the top clubs will make constant bids for that player.

If you take over those clubs and send the scouts out you'll be lucky if they refer back with that player.

AFAIK AI doesn't knows players' PA. They use the same scouting system as we do.

Try it for yourself.

Scout a league with the top scouts for youth players. See what your scouts pick up on.

Open an editor and find the best player in that leauge (youth preferably). I doubt your scout picked up on them.

Take over that club. Low and behold every team will want to sign that youth player.

The AI uses the same tools? Perhaps. I take over a club and send my scouts out to find a player. And suddenly the AI is already making bids for players before my scouts have even returned with their first round?

It works both ways tho, i have many times picked up fantastic youth players before the AI has bid for them, infact its the only way for the first 15 years of my game i could get anywhere, by getting in there first, and obviously there were more that i missed out on because the bigger AI controlled teams found them first. Your never going to be first to every single player, neither is the AI, after you sign them they become better known than they were before, and the AI takes more notice, much like real life, no one over here hadd really heard of Fabregas before Arsenal signed him, withing a very short space of time we were all aware of him and how good he was.

If you were to play as a normal manager, normal team. Good scouts. When you get the list of new intake at the club do a save. Send the scouts out to the top leagues to find youth players.

Ok you won't find them all or the best straight away. But I guarantee you that there will be at least one club somewhere with an interest/bid for the best youth player with a very high PA.

That's fair enough some club found that player, not disputing that.

You roll back to the save where the new gens came in. Take over that club. And using the exact same scouts, and search that league for a youth player, you won't find that player that they were interested in.

To me, it seems the AI has a head start on you in a lot of things, and a heads up on the PA of players.

As I say though, I only ever check PA if the AI has several teams making constant bids for the same player during a transfer window.

If that was true then why are we able to get players before the AI? If they had a heads up then they would never miss a player and my save would definitely not have gone as well as it has. I have picked up young Irish players for £45k and sold them for £8m years later, surely if the AI had a heads up they would have bought the player before i did.

YOUR opinion im afraid..

If that was true then why are we able to get players before the AI? If they had a heads up then they would never miss a player and my save would definitely not have gone as well as it has. I have picked up young Irish players for £45k and sold them for £8m years later, surely if the AI had a heads up they would have bought the player before i did.

All I'm saying is that the scouts in a club can find a player when you're not there. And don't when you do go there.

That sounds iffy to me.

I'm not saying it's true. I've tested it a lot of different ways over the years with scouts. And I found that at one point the scout at the club can find a player, and when you're there they can't find that player again?

Just saying, if that player is good the scout doesn't get amnesia as soon as you join. This tells me there's something weird about how the scouts are working within the game.

Have you done it with your scouts? Re-played the same month over and over a few times, and have your scouts found the same players every single time? I would hope not, otherwise it makes the game far too predictable.

Well since you never know beforehand which player he will recommend you wont be able to predict it will you? ;) - thus it isnt predictable..

However, I agree that it is almost "hardcoded" and seems very "machine"-like.. we need more AI behaviour.. to bad it is almost impossible to code a really really good AI :)

laws like work permits

or

team registration requirements like minimum # of home grown

i know its for realizm, but it should be an option

You could use the pre-game editor to change the rules to suit your liking.

Have you done it with your scouts? Re-played the same month over and over a few times, and have your scouts found the same players every single time? I would hope not, otherwise it makes the game far too predictable.

I have. And they do.

Even two different scouts scouting the same region. Identical reports.

I'll try again this evening to make sure I'm not going bonkers.

I have. And they do.

Even two different scouts scouting the same region. Identical reports.

I'll try again this evening to make sure I'm not going bonkers.

That would really disappoint me, i cant actually really say with FM11 ive been playing my game since day one and the two other saves i tried were in different leagues with different sizes of clubs so ive never started at the same level twice and been looking for the same level of player twice. I would have hoped there was some degree of your scouts missing players at times, or not finding them first time every time.

Are the regions your scouting leagues that are in full detail? Or from nations not loaded?

Well since you never know beforehand which player he will recommend you wont be able to predict it will you? ;) - thus it isnt predictable..

However, I agree that it is almost "hardcoded" and seems very "machine"-like.. we need more AI behaviour.. to bad it is almost impossible to code a really really good AI :)

hahaha dont confuse me!! I have enough problems making sense at the best of times!

That would really disappoint me, i cant actually really say with FM11 ive been playing my game since day one and the two other saves i tried were in different leagues with different sizes of clubs so ive never started at the same level twice and been looking for the same level of player twice. I would have hoped there was some degree of your scouts missing players at times, or not finding them first time every time.

Are the regions your scouting leagues that are in full detail? Or from nations not loaded?

Full detail.

I'll try it tonight. Two different teams in different leagues, scouting the same region. And I'll see what the scout reports look like side by side.

I'll also do two scouts from the same club (with different region experience) scouting the same region and see what they report. I'll do this with other club too.

Full detail.

I'll try it tonight. Two different teams in different leagues, scouting the same region. And I'll see what the scout reports look like side by side.

I'll also do two scouts from the same club (with different region experience) scouting the same region and see what they report. I'll do this with other club too.

What i was more meaning was start scouting with one club, wait for the 1st set of results, then re-load the game and doing the exact same scouting, do your scouts come back with an identical list every time? The two clubs in different regions would def be interesting tho, it would be interesting to try with two identical scouts at two different clubs in different countries, and then with different variants of scouts at the same clubs, kudos if you can be bothered Eugene!

Archived