Do you get forced to retire?

As you age in-game, do you get forced to retire/die at a certain age? And then is it just a case of creating a new manager?

Probably a simple question and can be locked after it's answered, but i've never played that far into a single save before

Thanks

so you can play until you're 1240 years old?

If your computer is capable of continuously saving and loading the ever increasing file size without the save getting corrupted then there's no reason why you couldn't continue until your 2000 years old. The game stops tracking your age at 100 though from what I've read on here, haven't tested this myself though as the furthest I've ever gone is in my current FM11 save which is only 20 seasons into the future.

As you age in-game, do you get forced to retire/die at a certain age? And then is it just a case of creating a new manager?

Probably a simple question and can be locked after it's answered, but i've never played that far into a single save before

Thanks

I would very much like to see a two word news item, basically:

"You die."

And then the game crashes!

If your computer is capable of continuously saving and loading the ever increasing file size without the save getting corrupted then there's no reason why you couldn't continue until your 2000 years old. The game stops tracking your age at 100 though from what I've read on here, haven't tested this myself though as the furthest I've ever gone is in my current FM11 save which is only 20 seasons into the future.

Do you get a birthday card from the Queen?

• 2 years later...

I'm annoyed about this. I want some dynasty going on - I am 66 years old, over 40 years of management. My Son has arrived as a youngster, had his playing career (elsewhere, mainly - he sucked) and is now a director of football at my club. I want to retire and either a) start playing as my son or b) make a new manager who the game will recognise as related to me so he can piggyback off my success a little bit. Even so much as a mention on the profile page.

You can role play but you'll have to use your imagination which is the case in all games. I think for FM15 the ability to have a son should be extended that you can then take control of him at any given moment (but if he is still a player then he hangs his boots up so he can focus on managerial roles) in less he retires from football before you get the chance to take control of him.

Archived