Starting my last game

OK, having won the Champions League (but not the Premier League!) in 2018 with Plymouth Argyle, I'm just about to start my last new game before FM12 comes out (I think!)

Can someone suggest a good English League 1 or 2 team who I could be?

Why start a new game? I would continue and try to win the Prem.

Or quite Plymouth and take on a vacant job in League 1 or 2 in your current game, and watch the AI destroy your old Plymouth team in the process!

Kenco - I would, but just feel like one more challenge. I have tried taking over lower league teams mid way through long games before, but I always feel like the AI has something against me in those situations!? And I totally agree about it destroying teams that you have made successful once you leave. Can anyone answer for me, does a team's reputation change as a game progresses, independently of a managers? It's just I had a long game earlier this year with Southampton, who I built into a solid Europa League/Top 6 team, and then within a year of moving to Liverpool, the Southampton team had sold all of their good players and got relegated?!

It would be more of a challenge to pick up a team several seasons in, rather than starting over and buying all the players you already know about.

A club's reputation does change but it can take time, so even if you finish 6th one season, doesn't mean they are automatically the 6th best club in the league. You would need a few seasons of consistently finishing high for the rep to catch up.

Crewe are good as they have top training facilities and you can bring up your own players. Or Rotherham is good because you get a 25k all seater stadium which is usefull later on.

I started my final save yesterday as Eastwood :D Champions league here I come.

I'm on my last game too and it's breaking my heart that I will have to leave it in a few weeks :(

I started out as my boyhood club Leeds United. Brought them all the way to prem and champs league winners (several times :) ) I then was offered the Barcelona job. Messi was turning 28 and I had to go for it as I had no hope of signing him.

At Barcelona now and loving my save. The goal each season is to break last seasons league goals. Which last season I scored 121 league goals, conceding only 26.

I've got Rene Adler in goal, Pique is still there, and Messi. I brought in Navas, Jovetic, Rooney, Danny Wilson, and a few others over the seasons. I've invested heavily in youth. And I have some youth players now breaking into the first team after successful loan spells. It's all very exciting. When Messi and Rooney retire I'll have a job on my hands.

Replacing Messi will be next to impossible. But I have some candidates lined up in the reserves. He's 32 and has a few seasons left in him still :)

Lallana - Well, that's 18 days if I start it today, and I play it at work as well then e-mail the saved file home, so easily get 10 years in?

I think I'm going for Crewe anyway, seems like a good challenge!

Thanks for the input.

Lallana - Well, that's 18 days if I start it today, and I play it at work as well then e-mail the saved file home, so easily get 10 years in?

I think I'm going for Crewe anyway, seems like a good challenge!

Thanks for the input.

If you download dropbox you will get a folder in your My Documents, called Dropbox. You can then save your saved game to this folder. If you install drop box on the computer at home, the game will be automatically downloaded there to use. So techincally you can install Dropbox anywhere and your game will be available on that computer :)

http://db.tt/OhYYiLK

How may hours/days of gameplay is that?

I'm on my last save, I started in March and have reached the year 2030. Somewhere around 25 days of gameplay to reach that far. I intend to keep playing it well past the FM12 release, as I have no intention of playing that until at least January.

Archived