*OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - Team Talks

This is looking very good indeed. I hope that if you vary the talk you don't just get 'doesn't seem to be listening' time and time again.

If done properly, there will be a MASSIVE amount to remember regarding exactly what/how you said what to whom and when! I bet most people end up leaving everything to the assman, which will be a shame.

All looks complex. Wondering why you wouldn't put the button for "Ask Steve to take team talk" directly under the other button that's on the other side of the screen.

Anyway. Looks like something to have to get to grips with. Complex doesn't mean it won't be fun or engaging :)

Who's Steve? A team-talk guru that has a hardwire into your team, regardless of who your staff are? I LIKE! :D:D:D

Erm I nickname all my staff Steve, makes it easier as I don't have to remember all the names ... :D

Can we also ask our captain to try and inspire the boys at half time?

This is something I've wanted. I've heard that if your captain is playing bad and you say "Prove a Point" the other players get inspired by his efforts.

So i try to say the "Prove a Point" to any player that has a high influence. If they try harder then the rest of the team seems to.

But that option isn't always available.

Looks like a lot of good work put into this overhaul. Probably the biggest practical difference for me will be seeing the reaction of the players immediately. I know it is already possible to go back and look at the reactions of players to the Team Talks, but in the current implementation I can never be bothered. In fact, I can't even remember offhand where that option is found now.

Probably the biggest practical difference for me will be seeing the reaction of the players immediately. I know it is already possible to go back and look at the reactions of players to the Team Talks, but in the current implementation I can never be bothered.

Me too. I was always forgetting to check what had worked and what hadn't, but seeing it straight away will help to fix it in the mind.

The introduction of tones of voice and being able to praise the attack while giving the defence a b*ll*cking (or vice versa, obviously) seems like a big improvement. Now I just hope there will be a few different questions in press conferences..

Still nothing about finances or board interaction, two of the biggest actual issues the game still has.

New blogs everyday. If there's one about it you'll know by about 12 o'clock each day. If there isn't one released there probably isn't any big changes, or you'll have to experience that in the game yourself.

New blogs everyday. If there's one about it you'll know by about 12 o'clock each day. If there isn't one released there probably isn't any big changes, or you'll have to experience that in the game yourself.

Also, I would imagine a new podcast this Friday (hopefully to coincide with demo release), so plenty of chances for new info before release.

One quick question..What is the point of match strategy and touchline instuctions at the team talk screen?Isn't supposed that you had decided those at the tactic/formation screen?Didn't get it to be honest..

One quick question..What is the point of match strategy and touchline instuctions at the team talk screen?Isn't supposed that you had decided those at the tactic/formation screen?Didn't get it to be honest..

I'd guess that's so you can change them at the last minute just for that match if you want to.

• SI Staff

Especially at half-time, managers tend to incorporate tactical instructions into their team talks. So it was requested by users that they'd be able to include tactical elements into the team talks, so you wouldn't have to necessarily switch screens at half-time to do these.

It also enables you to do some last minute changes before the match without messing about with the tactics screen.

Can I ask why we still can't talk collectively to our team outside of a match, like all managers do in real life?

I want to talk to all my players in a meeting, to encourage them, to shout at them, as a unit, as a whole. Why isn't that in it?

Can I ask why we still can't talk collectively to our team outside of a match, like all managers too in real life?

I want to talk to all my players in a meeting, to encourage them, to shout at them, as a unit, as a whole. Why isn't that in it?

Have a look at yesterday's blog :)http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/276178-FM12-blogs-Conversation-Tones-(Video)

Can the teamtalk be changed once selected?

Does the reaction appear as soon as the selection is made or after it has been confirmed?

Cheers

xxx

Reaction appears straight away as I see it, then you can change it for each individual, but you'd have to confirm first or you could just try each option for best effect.

• SI Staff

Once you've given the overall team talk, the possible reactions appear and you won't be able to change it anymore. Same with the individual ones, once you have given an individual talk, the possible reaction appears and you cannot change that individual talk anymore.

Reaction appears straight away as I see it, then you can change it for each individual, but you'd have to confirm first or you could just try each option for best effect.

Erm, forgive me, but I don't understand this! If the reaction appears straight away, how can you change a teamtalk if you have to confirm it to stop you choosing the best reaction? :confused:

Once you've given the overall team talk, the possible reactions appear and you won't be able to change it anymore. Same with the individual ones, once you have given an individual talk, the possible reaction appears and you cannot change that individual talk anymore.

Thanks, so the moral is, make sure you choose the right teamtalk first time, as you can not rectify mistakes. Is that right?

Thanks, so the moral is, make sure you choose the right teamtalk first time, as you can not rectify mistakes. Is that right?

You give the overall talk, you can then change each individuals talk, but only once, so you could possibly make it worse? I can see "looks confused" appearing quite often:D

You give the overall talk, you can then change each individuals talk, but only once, so you could possibly make it worse? I can see "looks confused" appearing quite often:D

Yeah, it should take some time to learn what suits what player with the new system. I just hope it will be clearer as to which option does what.

Wow. Just wow. I'm really impressed. So much has been put into this area, including being able to issue shouts before the match starts - I've been wanting that for a while. :thup:

+1 Have to say Kudos to SI here, a lot of the things here were things that were on the "Falling out of love with the game" thread. Maybe its coincidence, but lots of my concerns seem to have been rectified with some of the features mentioned so far. :thup:

• SI Staff
Can you ask your assman to give the teamtalk then override it with one of your own?

Err.. no. If you ask your assistant to give the overall team talk, then that team talk has been delivered. You can still do individual team talks after that if you want, or you can leave that to the assistant as well if you like.

Err.. no. If you ask your assistant to give the overall team talk, then that team talk has been delivered. You can still do individual team talks after that if you want, or you can leave that to the assistant as well if you like.

so its a bit different to now when you can ask your assistant to give you his opinion and then change it if you want too?

Archived