Football in the snow - a Scottish thing

Aside from grounds with undersoil heating, where in the FM game world are the most matches played in snow / on snow covered pitches. As Scandinavia / former USSR seem to arrange fixtures around winter I guess Scotland could be the most snowbound place on average. In FM11 in English Leagues it seems 1 or 2 matches per season are effected in my save game, anyone have stats or opinions on similar for Scotland or other such effected regions/Countries?

i love playing the games in the snow, orange ball, and for some reason fast players over perform in the snow.......my cardiff went undeafted for 3 years in snow...winning by atleast 3 goals

I bloody hate the snow. Can't see what's going on. Ritually, I turn off weather effects a couple of weeks before December!

Can you play in Iceland? Never really checked, to be honest. A team close to the Alps in Switzerland maybe?

I must admit, I'm very curious about why you'd want to know :D

i turned the weather effects off because the snow gave me a headace, looks better this year so i might turn them back on.

Do we have updated footage? There wasn't any on today's blog.

hate it when it snows because im colour blind and cant see the ball :(

I've always wondered why the orange ball is used when the pitch has undersoil heating & the snow does not settle on it.

we had snow for 6 months last time it snowd *brrrrr*

Don't think iv ever seen a norwegian football match in snow but then again .. i only watch brazilian.

Archived