FM2008 running really slow

PC Specs:

Windows Vista ultimate

AMD 4200 X2 (dule core) 2.1ghz

2gb dule channel DDR2 RAM

80gb HDD and a 180GB HDD

1950x Pro ATI video card

some creative sound card

The FM is installed on the 180gb while the save game , graphics etc is in my documents on the 80GB

Leagues: English, French, Turkish, German, Spannish, Portuguse. (top devisions only)

On fm 07 i had no problem running alot more leauges but now with just a few leages the game gets really really slow, especailly on match day it becomes really un-responsive.

im playing on windowed mode have lots of pics (have skin cach on)

When playing the game i usuallly run msn, Hamachi if its a network game and maby Internet exploer 7. In the Back ground AVG Anti virus, and windows firewall, etc.

I have done scans and defraged to see if that helps but it doesnt.

can anybody help with this problem????

PC Specs:

Windows Vista ultimate

AMD 4200 X2 (dule core) 2.1ghz

2gb dule channel DDR2 RAM

80gb HDD and a 180GB HDD

1950x Pro ATI video card

some creative sound card

The FM is installed on the 180gb while the save game , graphics etc is in my documents on the 80GB

Leagues: English, French, Turkish, German, Spannish, Portuguse. (top devisions only)

On fm 07 i had no problem running alot more leauges but now with just a few leages the game gets really really slow, especailly on match day it becomes really un-responsive.

im playing on windowed mode have lots of pics (have skin cach on)

When playing the game i usuallly run msn, Hamachi if its a network game and maby Internet exploer 7. In the Back ground AVG Anti virus, and windows firewall, etc.

I have done scans and defraged to see if that helps but it doesnt.

can anybody help with this problem????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">how do you tick the threading box it's not available to tick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like postal postie says if the option is not available to tick then you dont have the right processor in your machine. Threading will only work on dual core & quad core processors.

the match runs slow, and processing generally is ok, its just when it gets to match day it becomes more unresponsive or wherever theres games goin on like CL days and UEFA and INternational

also i forgot to add in previous reply that the viris program in the backgorund is just the defender, if i disable it , it would put to pc as risk icon_frown.gif ,

ummm mayby is time for the upgrade lol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">viris program in the backgorund is just the defender, if i disable it , it would put to pc as risk </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt it. I switch mine off every time I go to play FM and have never had a problem with viruses. I would run a virus and spyware scan to see what turns up.

hmmm ill try that out,

i just dont get it, i hear peple with 512 ram having much better performance etc.

could it be that the game is installed on my 2nd HDD while the save game etc is on the 1st one?? could there be a delay, i just dont understand the slow down,

even when i chek task manager all the resorces are not being used up to max icon_frown.gif

no differnce, i tried it without threading, it actaully worked quicker but totally grinded down to a halt after 2 hours or so.

im starting to think it may be a heat issue on the CPU, where the CPU slows itslef down to avoid damage as its running over the 60 degree mark.

could this be the reason??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TurkzZ:

no differnce, i tried it without threading, it actaully worked quicker but totally grinded down to a halt after 2 hours or so.

im starting to think it may be a heat issue on the CPU, where the CPU slows itslef down to avoid damage as its running over the 60 degree mark.

could this be the reason?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

usually computers turn off to protect themselves when the heat gets to a certain point don't they? my old computer allways did.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> usually computers turn off to protect themselves when the heat gets to a certain point don't they? my old computer allways did. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes they do.

Its not normal. It should be around 40. It could be thermal paste not applied correctly, it could be that your cooler is absolute dog *****, it could be that you havent got enough space around the computer, could be a bad air flow in the case. Could be alot of things icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by The Gaffovski:

TurksZ, do you "Load all players from nation" at all?

I cannot do it. I can run seventy-six leagues (seventy-one on view-only) quite fast, but when I load all players, from even one nation, it slows down to a crawl. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

might sound a stupid question mate, but which leagues are you running if you can remember?

kk i cleaned out pc, the thearmal pasted looked terrible, i wiped it off the top of the CPU , there was still some even surfaced paste on the heatsink.

cpu runs around 40 degrees no, is that normall?

i turned off the Qfan and AMD cool en quite functions as well.

Archived