Rage @ Complacency

I have to say, I really do hope in FM2012 that they've fixed complacency "bugs". I just dont get it, in Fm2011, my main game is Truro City, we've been doing well, won the premier league many consecutive times, and we have the kind of reputation that Barcelona have in real life - that kind of super-star unstoppable powerhouse of europe kind of reputation. Which obviously means we're expected to win a lot of the time.

One of my bogey teams has been Fiorentina, they've knocked me out of more champions league competitions than any other team, I may have more wins against them than they have against me overall, but the fact of the matter is, they've knocked me out in the 1st round before, they've beaten Truro once in the final flat-out, and again after a 1-1 draw and penalties - three times we've met in the champions league final and the first two they've come out on top.

Yet going into the third, the press conferences ask about complacency against a weaker opponent....

dot dot dot? they're a huge team that has a history of knocking us out of the compettition and it's a final and it asks about complacency?

Seemed like we were playing complacently too, 1-0 down at half time, did win at the end thankfully, third time lucky. I just hope though that this is one of the things tweaked in Fm2012, I know it's technically not a "bug" it's just the game compares the reputations, sees Fiorentina's one is around a thousand less and thinks that means significantly inferior. Wheras it shouldnt be possible to be complacent against any team that is capable of reaching a champions league final.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent because I found this silly, and I started writing this while 1-0 down, thankfully while ranting it was turned around :p. Perhaps not the best thread to post, but this is one thing I hope is improved.

Have any of you had annoying complacency issues you'd like to talk about? doesn't have to be top teams, just vent with me :)

I know the feeling. You get that game where your team refuses to complete even the smallest passes, make any type of tackles, and every shot your world class striker is more like a pass to the keeper's feet. I've always felt the effect of complacency was exaggerated.

Archived