Longest Losing Streak

I am playing with Crystal Palace in my second season after promotion last year. After seven games, my team was top of the table. The next seven games...not so good. I have lost all seven games, scoring just one goal in the process.

My team is of good quality, probably top 10 in talent. My tactics (4-1-2-1-2 narrow diamond) have remained mostly unchanged for a year now.

Should I assume I have to change tactics because the league has caught on to my playing style? Do I have to start fining my own players for playing like crap? Do I have to storm out of press conferences?

How do you get out of a rut, and what is your longest losing streak?

3 losses!! That isn't even trying :D

I cannot recall my longest losing run but suffice to say it would easily exceed 20 games.

Same here I can't remember who it was with but I know it was 24-25 games!

I had a losing streak that stretched to the best part of 50 games across three clubs.. Players weren't adapting to tactics properly, either strikers or keepers were crap, injuries plagued my squads to the extent that any other manager IRL would probably jump off the roof, and I had a habit of taking over teams that could win to save their lives anyway.

Some time ago i got the news that Crewe Alexandra now had the worst streak of losses in the league cup with 12. I didn't think much about it before i realized that if they get one loss, they are out of the cup that year. Sure enough, they have not won a league cup match since the game started, and I'm now in 2022 :D

I put a very easy friendly in on the tuesday so i win 6-0 and the players get that winning feeling, motivation is the key.

I've used that in the past when the schedule allowed for it, and I finally found a spot to try it this time. Worked well! I also "stormed out" of a couple of press conferences, just because I enjoy the drama.

That was a great day, not has good as being invited to open your stadium :D

Forza Juve!

Another 'pie? Awesome! And may I also repeat the aforementioned "Forza Juve"

Two clubs, one soul.

Anyway, onto topic. Mine is about 8 games I think, although I've gone 15 games without a win. Awful run in League Two in one of my LLM saves.

On my current save 13 years in, its 4 games, which I'm very pleased and surprised with considering almost every season I was expected to finish last, going from BSS to premier champs.

It will be easily double figures if I could remember some other saves.

Mine's 6 games in a row...same thing, my team was doing well in the first half of the season, however they managed to lose 7 out of 10 games in the 2nd half. I think one of the main contributor to this is because of the weak mentality of the team.

How do you keep yourself braced and keep playing, if your team is mired in such a vicious cycle? By just focusing on the next match?

I don't think i've lost more than three or four games on the bounce in my current save, but I do recall having a dreadful run with Southampton on an older save. If i'm right we went 11 or 12 league games without a win (Though I couldn't say for sure how many of those we lost), somehow surviving comfortably in 13th despite only picking up a paltry 40 points.

Archived