Managing two teams at same time?

Figured I'd give this a go with FM12 around the corner.

I've set up two managers. Managing both Barca and Bayern. Finding it handy as I can loan players to and from lol.

It's good fun. Anyone ever managed two or more teams?

I usually stick with 1 club team and manage a national team, but lately I've been managing a top club team and and a lower league team to try and get them to the top, its very fun as you get the best of both worlds.

I used to manage every team in the premier league! It was fun to see which team I work best with :D

Now that is some serious match fixing. I wonder how many members of FIFA were involved ;)

I'm currently playing with 4 teams at the end of 2013/2014 season right now.

All 4 started unemployed with the lowest rep.

Rule #1: Don't manage at the same country

Rule #2: Don't use informations gained by one of the other clubs

Rule #3: Don't loan/sell players between those 4 clubs

So far, Man A (Frenchman) started with Valur (Iceland Prem) winning Upper League Cup, Icelandic Cup and Icelandic Champions Cup twice and finishing 5th, 3rd, 7th and 3rd in the Prem League. Got a job offer from Stade Brestois 29, playing Ligue 1 now (currently 4th with 5 games to play).

Man B (Dane) started with Praiense (Portuguese Second Division), finishing 3rd, 3rd and 2nd, rejecting a new contract and moving on to Nordvest FC (Danish Second Division) and failing big times...

Man C stayed unemployed for 6 month, then joined Hakoah Amidar (Israeli National League) winning promotion on my second year and fighting relegation since then.

Man D stayed unemployed for 8 month before joining Iraklis Saloniki on their way down to the Greek National B Division. Immediatley bounced back to Superleague enjoying some great runs (6th last year, 4th maybe 3rd this year)

Never managed to get a single-club save further than 2013... 4 Mans take some time, but the diversity of league-systems and opponents is a fun challenge.

Added a different manager each to be Ipswich and Mexico from the start on 08, gave up on the former because it was time consuming as it was, especially when there were multiple international tournaments over the summer, and it got boring waiting so long to be able to get into a new domestic season. I know that's club/international but its the similar '2 managers' thing, which is the reason why despite considering it, I wouldn't do it for 2 clubs, plus it could be open to a bit of abuse in terms of getting players either for less that that AI would try and fleece me for (even if it was over face value) or pumping loads of money into a small club by having a rich club pay what for them would be fairly insignificant sum for a reserve, throwing a game was always going to be a no-no. Have done managers to represent friends to make for rivalries (06/07 especially) and recently when experimenting with multiple things at a time, but even making sure transfer/contract stuff was sorted took time away from whatever I was focussing on doing that I didn't always want to interupt, so that idea's fallen out of favour in recent years and my experiences with those mean actively managing multiple clubs isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Archived