what the hell 19 year old retiring?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by VonBlade:

Yep. And of course in real-life if they said they were going to retire they wouldn't even accept your phone call offering them 2m signing and 100k pw would they.

Meh. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always wondered ....

It's been like this for a long time, certainly since I've started playing the game anyway. Unattached players, particularly from smaller nations seem to struggle to find a club as nobody seems to want them.

I guess it's the games way of cleaning up the database to get rid of the unwanted players and replace them with more unwanted players. In principal it works, in practice it's stupid.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by powermjp:

the one guy had a PA of 195 dammit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What's his CA? If his PA is 195 but at 19 his CA is only 70, there's no way he'll ever reach his potential. Let's not forget that by SI standards players like Francis Jeffers and Danny Cadamarteri had PAs around 170-190 in earlier incarnations.

Just posted this in my Work Permit thread about Josh Lambo.

haha. After all the trouble I had with getting Lambo signed. (He was without a club for 9 months) He just announced his retirement at the end of season because, get this he's having trouble finding a club. Umm hey doofus, you're my main keeper. You have a club....

I asked him to reconsider so we'll see. If it hadn't taken 3 months to get him a work permit I wouldn't have this trouble. His damn PA is 178 in this save.

Guest arrogantio

he has been accepted onto his course at university and is about to spend the next three years eating kebabs and drinking copious amounts of alcohol. Not sure his PA will be all that high after that.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i retired from football at 15 icon_biggrin.gif i also had the potential to be the best player in the world, but thought is it worth it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Retired at 15? Voice dropped and discovered girls, right? icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

anyway i can understand unattatched crappy pa 100 players retiring after being without a club and getrting a real job but not pros </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i had a player with a PA of 195 retire once even though he was only 17 and had a string of top class clubs chasing him around.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

i retired from football at 15 icon_biggrin.gif i also had the potential to be the best player in the world, but thought is it worth it? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Retired at 15? Voice dropped and discovered girls, right? icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i to also retired at the age of 15 for those reasons lol not to mention im the most unco person i know atleast i got my guitar icon_smile.gif

This is a bug but the fact that a 19yo is retiring is not a bug. The bug is that these high potential youngsters from small nations cant get a club. The retiring of players who have been unattached for a year or more has always been a part of FM but in previous versions it never said the player will retire on whatever date, the just disappeared one day.

I saw an 18 year old on my game retire, and on the message saying he'd retired it said on the side (Where the player picture is), that his job was chairman and he was now 35 years old.

Maybe he was lying about his age, got found out and retired.

Gordon Ramsay retired/quit when he was 19. He got told by Jock Wallace he would never make it at Rangers or as a top flight footballer.He was told though he could still play i a lower division but he was so dispondant, he quit the whole thing and didnt kick a ball in anger for a couple of years!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dragosani:

Gordon Ramsay retired/quit when he was 19. He got told by Jock Wallace he would never make it at Rangers or as a top flight footballer.He was told though he could still play i a lower division but he was so dispondant, he quit the whole thing and didnt kick a ball in anger for a couple of years! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wrong he had a knee injury whih forced him to retire and was nearly crippled for life

Several of your useless youths from your academy also retire at young age. If you release some kids and they can't find a new club for a period of time, they'd disappear as retiring. However, they should not set any dates for retirement since they still pick up your phone call for offer...

Also, there should be an option to persuade players not to retire for those outside your team. Wouldn't you want Teddy Sheringham to play until 50? or having Cafu to play for your reserve team for the next 2 years. icon_biggrin.gif

Guest arrogantio

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DS:

This is a bug but the fact that a 19yo is retiring is not a bug. The bug is that these high potential youngsters from small nations cant get a club. The retiring of players who have been unattached for a year or more has always been a part of FM but in previous versions it never said the player will retire on whatever date, the just disappeared one day. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>IMO a player determining a decision to retire months into in future based on inability to secure a contract in the past few months is a buggy implementation of the real- life phenomena of older players planning to retire as they only want one last season and younger players making the decision to retire after not getting any offers.

Planning to retire in six months time because you anticipate your potential continuing to go unrecognised is nearly as stupid as planning to retire in six months time because you anticipate picking up a career-ending injury in that time.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arrogantio:

Planning to retire in six months time because you anticipate your potential continuing to go unrecognised is nearly as stupid as planning to retire in six months time because you anticipate picking up a career-ending injury in that time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe this is slightly buggy, but young players are easily discouraged and do spend time thinking things over. Maybe have a "considering giving up on a professional career" or something.

Archived