I knew I was doing well in BSN league but is this not a bit much :)

Having decided not to pick up FM12 on release I started a new save and went lower league.

I took charge of Nuneaten in the BSN and after 12 games I sit proudly at the top..

In the FA cup I managed to get to the 1st round proper were I was well beaten by Brighton..a team 3 leagues a head of me so no great surprise but after the defeat I got this message ..

kevinmaloneynewsinbox.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Could not believe it.

That is odd. I too manage lower league for many years and I haven't come across that one...

Often in an FA Cup tie I'll narrowly lose to a team 3 leagues above me and then I get the rather annoying "The fans are rather concerned by the result" message.

It would be nice if the game could somehow to take into account that you're a minnow team and get the board/fans to react accordingly when playing above your weight.

Fan expectations & general press feedback in the lower leagues is always a problem, it just never seems to fit properly.

I always hate the one about fans being disappointed after a 6-0 away defeat to an EPL team in the FA Cup. Non league fans just don't think like that, fter such a game they would actually look for the players they can praise even if it is only for one moment of brilliance that they produced.

That's odd, they didn't have massive cup run last year which would have whacked their rep up after the Feb patch, as I saw happen for Havant when they had theirs a few years ago (which would have been rubbish on anyone managing them as they would have been massive favourites on that basis alone, not on squad quality), but if that's not it then it is indeed a mystery.

Archived