FM 2012 Advert (well not really... )

I'm watching the Merseyside derby at the moment (what was Atkinson thinking?), when an advert came on during the half time ad break. I could have sworn it was an FM2012 spot, told all my mates, and then... completely taken in. Still if SI want a cheap advert, just change the tagline at the end.

[video=youtube;SPVwvcdYg-g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPVwvcdYg-g

This kind of reminds me of an advert for FM08 or 09, where they did a football version of a Rudyard Kipling poem, thats probably my favourite FM advert

[video=youtube;iOwybu4IhR0]

This one? It's a brilliant one.

It was mentioned on the last podcast, Miles didn't really know when it was due to be aired. I think he settled on just after the next podcast comes out.

I know, but I meant that there is no one yet which we can actually watch.

• SI Staff

I chuckled when the Sky Bet ad came on. Pays a little bit of homage to some of ours over the years, but then ours pay homage to other people's too.

The advert this year will be very different to what we've done before. It's a TV ad, rather than a trailer. It's 20 seconds short, rather than 2 minutes long. Although there will also be a 30 second version which can only be shown on the TV, rather than online, for reasons that will become clear in the few TV spots where the 30 second one can be used.

It's also not finished yet, which is why it hasn't been shown. Most likely next week sometime.

Archived