The board are satisfied..

dking

I took over Genoa and the board expect me to achieve a respectable finish in the league (between 8th and 4th I would class as respectable). I'm top after 8 games having lost 1 and drawn 1 whilst scoring 27 goals and conceding 7 and the board are satisfied? They should be bloody ecstatic as I'm completely over achieving with the awful squad I inherited and lack of funds.

I've never encountered this before and I'm wondering if it could be to do with the fact I sold a club legend? Other than that, I'm baffled.

It takes about 10 games before they bother looking at the table. Then they will judge your performance.

Maby the should acknowledge a good start.

Yeah its just the short amount of time into the season, it'll probably change in the next couple of games so that they are a bit more pleased.

Also try looking at the competition confidence as opposed to the general happiness. If your current performance and the board happiness with it is still pretty average even though you're top, you can definitely put it down to the fact you've only played 8 games.

I think the board's attitude does need a bit of work. I agree that 8 games is maybe a little early for them to be getting too excited but I've won leagues with teams who were expected to finish mid-table and you get the same message as you would with any of the big title contenders: "the board is happy but want to keep celebrations to a minimum" etc. It'd be nice if boards had different personalities so some would be absolutely ecstatic and otehrs more reserved. As it is, I often feel the only people that don't appreciate good performances are the board.

Archived