How long does it take you to complete a season?

A oldie, but a goodie... how long does it take you to get through a season?

Personally, I don't have as much time as I used to have to play the game, as I am studying for a postgraduate degree as well as working part-time. However, I usually manage one or two games a day - a quick bash on FM most evenings before bedtime ensures that I get at least a couple of games done.

Pre-seasons can really hold me up as I take a long time over scouting and setting up tactics for the new season. Otherwise, I am a pretty quick player. I tend to pick the same 11 and stay consistent with my tactics. Not too much fiddling.

Occasionally, I will allow myself an unadulteratred FM day - this will usually be a Sunday - and I will play for most of the day (and then feel terribly guilty afterwards!)

With this schedule of playing, it usually takes me around a month to get through a season... perhaps quicker if I have a few unadulterated Sundays!

So what about you? How often do you play and how long do you take to get through a season? Do you zoom through watching each game on key highlights only, or perhaps even commentary? Or do you take hours over every little tactical decision and play the occasional game in full?

I would say I sit somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

How long does it take you?

C.

A oldie, but a goodie... how long does it take you to get through a season?

Personally, I don't have as much time as I used to have to play the game, as I am studying for a postgraduate degree as well as working part-time. However, I usually manage one or two games a day - a quick bash on FM most evenings before bedtime ensures that I get at least a couple of games done.

Pre-seasons can really hold me up as I take a long time over scouting and setting up tactics for the new season. Otherwise, I am a pretty quick player. I tend to pick the same 11 and stay consistent with my tactics. Not too much fiddling.

Occasionally, I will allow myself an unadulteratred FM day - this will usually be a Sunday - and I will play for most of the day (and then feel terribly guilty afterwards!)

With this schedule of playing, it usually takes me around a month to get through a season... perhaps quicker if I have a few unadulterated Sundays!

So what about you? How often do you play and how long do you take to get through a season? Do you zoom through watching each game on key highlights only, or perhaps even commentary? Or do you take hours over every little tactical decision and play the occasional game in full?

I would say I sit somewhere in the middle of these two extremes.

How long does it take you?

C.

I get roughly a half hour a day, wee bit more at weekends. I have completed 4 seasons since the end of December so it takes me ages to compelte a season.

Despite the lack of time I get on it i'm addicted and worried about going on holiday next week without even my half hour daily fix.

Depends how many teams I'm managing, how many leagues are loaded, how much time I spend on tactics, etc, etc.

I'm not one of those who likes to fly through a season and only take part in buying and selling players though. In my current game I've watched some 4 or 5 of Werder Bremen's matches and a couple of Fiorentina's in full match mode which certainly adds a lot to the playing time.

First season in this game, with me managing Bremen, Fiorentina and Sampdoria and with Italian, German (top league only) and Ukrainian (top league only) leagues loaded has taken me ~2 weeks, playing a fair bit at weekend and a few hours most evenings, but usually whilst doing something else at the same time.

I also find it takes me about 24 hours of game time to complete 1 year of game time. I usually get an hour or so at night to play, and try to get several hours on the weekend - so, 3 weeks or so per game-year. Personal issues this week have kept my playing time to a minimum icon_mad.gif, so I am looking to make it up this weekend.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ched:

Currently playing as Nigeria manager, hence i can get through a season in around 12 hours of gameplay. Double that at least if i was playing club football. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ched, how do you find international management with 8.0.2 (match engine issues aside)?

I'd be interested to hear about international management too.

I want to earn the right to manage an international side but that's a long way off seeing as I'm in the BSP with a unproven reputation!

Tonight, I've been trying to get some more of my season done and speed things along after reading of all of your efforts in playing the game.

It still takes me ages to play a few games! I reckon it'll still take me a month to play a season at this rate!

C.

My inter game first season took something ridiculously quick like 6 hours to complete. Literally signed nobody and made very few changes tactically, wasn't needed.

In a network game which me and a mate have been hardcoring until recently, we did a whole season in a day (which for a network game is pretty silly) ... think its at 5d15h for about seven and a bit seasons now.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dougeh:

My inter game first season took something ridiculously quick like 6 hours to complete. Literally signed nobody and made very few changes tactically, wasn't needed.

In a network game which me and a mate have been hardcoring until recently, we did a whole season in a day (which for a network game is pretty silly) ... think its at 5d15h for about seven and a bit seasons now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be interesting to hear how you play...like do you control each match? do you bother with team talks? make many subs? look over your side's performance after a game etc??

I've said before, I've never gotten past or probably near 10 seasons on any CM/FM game, and I'm still only 23 and been in education most of my life (still am), so in theory have so much time on my hands to play.

No idea how long it takes me, it varies probably, but I would say around a month for a season is viable, maybe more, maybe less, depending on my situation. Just amazes me how people get 20/30 or more seasons into a game, and would like to hear how they manage it.

erm... Ive got a pretty good PC and the Inter game was so easy I hardly had to do anything. Swapped one or two players, give them an 'Expect to win' or unleashed an 'Angry' should they fail to be winning at half time and made basic substitutions. I used a tactic I had downloaded and tweaked in some areas beforehand so spent no time doing anything like that and I didnt even look for players once.

Analysing performances was like I said not necessary as I was winning near enough every game.

I take much longer if I am doing a typical game.

Archived