How To Win and Beat the CPU

So, to further prove the issue that this game has:

I lost to Atalanta, 1-0. Lost to Bologna 2-0. Lost to Ankaragucu 2-1.

My team (Palermo), out played all three teams with no less than 55% ball possession, and all three games at least 19 shots on goal, an average of 9 on target. All three teams had a 100% shooting accuracy in terms of shots on target converted into goals. In other words, Atalanta took one shot on target, and scored with that goal. The other two teams took two shots on target and scored with those shots.

Two out of the three games were played at home.

Evidently, once again, it is a matter of the game cheating (don't BS me that it does not because evidently it does) and the motivation factor which kills the quality of the game and the person who emphasized on that while creating the game should be fired.

I have this superb Italian striker, Roberto Lombardi. Flat out awesome attributes.

In the 10 games he has played he has just three goals. He performs pathetically, poorly, and his average is 6.70 over, and 5.8 the past three games. I am sick and tired of telling this guy to "Prove a Point".

So, after being disgusted at the past three games, i reloaded to test something else. And yes, it is cheating but i am playing a fair game here. If the CPU is set to cheat, then i can cheat as well. or those of you who feel "scandalized" by this, don't BS saying that you never reloaded, because i'd believe you as much as i believe that Lady Gaga is a human being. She is not.

Anyway, before i reloaded the game i thought what things i could change, thinking about my past strategies and formations of many years playing this game. I also thought, if i am getting so upset, why do i keep playing this game? My answer was this: "I love building teams". It is true. I just love building a team with transfers, signings, loans and what have you. It's fun. It's more fun than actually watching your team play.

So i figured, if i cannot beat the CPU's cheating ways, could the CPU itself match against the CPU?

Here is what happened when i went on holiday (one day), using my match tactics, per each game:

Palermo 3-1 Atalanta

Paul

Gavilucci

Lombardi

Game facts:

Shots: 34 to 6

On target: 9 to 1

Possession: 54 to 46

==========

Bologna 2-4 Palermo

Lombardi (4,28,75)

Saavedra (OG)

Game facts:

Shots: 6 to 27

On target: 2 to 8

Possession: 48 to 52

=========================

Palermo 4-1 Ankaragucu

Lombardi (29,45+2,82)

Hulk (73)

Game Facts:

Shots: 19 to 12

On target: 6 to 6

Possession 55 to 45

=================================

So, this is proof that the CPU cheats and that the motivation factor is the key in allowing the CPU to cheat. This is fun! I am winning and still feeling proud because i totally rebuilt Palermo and built a winner. And, i eliminate the irritation that is the CPU in forcing me to lose for stupid, unrealistic reasons.

Take that FM 11!!!!

So, this is proof that the CPU cheats and that the motivation factor is the key in allowing the CPU to cheat. This is fun! I am winning and still feeling proud because i totally rebuilt Palermo and built a winner. And, i eliminate the irritation that is the CPU in forcing me to lose for stupid, unrealistic reasons.

Take that FM 11!!!!

You're just taking the one weak link out of the equation, sorry but it looks like your board will be best served by replacing you with your assistant manager.

Yeah i actually read the thread now;

You basically proved nothing, only that if you could infact play the same game twice over in real life, the results would not be exactly the same every game.

The only thing you've possibly showed is that your assistant manager understands the game more than you do... Maybe you're just a poor manager, managing your team badly?

High possession, lots of shots on goal but no goals... it's your tactics. Your forwards are probably not getting in the right areas to score goals and are peppering from afar (just a guess).

Try reading this beauty. It really helped me improve my tactics on FM a few years ago. I'm sure the updated one will do the same for you.

My assistant manager is using the same exact tactics that i tell him to use. So, you guys are wrong.

What i notice are my forwards hitting the post way too many times and just taking poor effort shots. I got tired of reading "He did so well up until the finish!" at the bottom of the screen. I had Giuseppe Rossi scoring 18 to 21 goals in Genoa. Neymar scoring 10, but lots of assists. And my Genoa team won Serie A, lost in the ECC Finals to Man U (i uploaded the video on here if any of you remember), and it was the highest scoring team in Serie A.

I use the same exact tactics. But even with Genoa, and with my other saved game Juventus, i had issues with small teams.

I have three strikers up front. Hulk-Lombardi-Di Pasquale (awesome in corner kicks and Gary Paul as a DC is great with heading the ball in). Those three games i've seen the most bizarre plays. This guy Subasic or whatever that GK's name is has average at best attributes. He plays like Buffon and Cech. I barely score one on ones. Lombardi kicked the ball poorly into the goalie's chest, or shot wide inches from the post, or hit the woodwork. I've seen the GK for that crappy unheard of Turkish team take up rebounds with quick recoveries. I've seen the ball hit the posts twice on the same shot, wide net rebound, and the striker (i remember being Visconti) did not tap it in straight, but tapped it towards the opposition's defender guarding the post.

Sorry, but that is the CPU CHEATING. I think a five year old would shove the ball straight past the goal line and not directly to a 5 year old from the other team at the inside of the post.

I am just getting tired of this game's ridiculous issue in playing small reputation teams. It makes you lose. It forces you to lose.

Explain to me how my tactics win when i go on holiday and they don't win when i don't? Same tactics, same roster. There is nothing the assistant manage can do except for subs throughout the game. The formation remains as is. The tactics remain as are.

It's all based on poor effort when i play this team. Yet if i play against Inter, i win. If i play against Barcelona, i lose, but it's a greta game to watch nonetheless. Yet, i play three teams in a row, and i lose because...........why? Poor motivation? Ok, one game i can take. But THREE games in a row? No. It is UNACCEPTABLE.

You're just taking the one weak link out of the equation, sorry but it looks like your board will be best served by replacing you with your assistant manager.

+1 you have shown that you assistant manager is better at reading and adjusting to the game better than you.

If the AI was smarter, it'd probably sack you

3 samples of two scenarios is not a scientific way to prove anything. If you repeated your experiment 1000 times with you in charge, and 1000 times with the AI in charge, and got the same results, maybe I might believe you. But what you're doing is as if you flipped a coin 3 times, wanting heads, but got tails three times, and then you handed that coin to someone else, and told them to get tails 3 times, and they got it. It doesn't prove there's a conspiracy against you, it's just random chance.

Judging by the amount of people on here who are like "Oh yeah, I took Bumtonshire United to 12 CL wins in a row", how to beat the CPU is to do literally anything and you will win because it's too easy.

"There are currently 27 users browsing this thread." Really? This one?

But the assistant manager won't make use of shouts, or change any tactical settings during the game (at least, that's how I understood it.) He'll only sub off tired players.

So either the difference is in the team talks or the opposition instructions (although what opposition instructions do to effect the conversion rate of strikers, I don't know).

Kudos for those who instantly piled in and said "ITS YOUR TACTICS ++1111!!!", in vintage GD style, btw.

Your assistant probably followed his own advice and adjusted the tactical instructions to deal with the problems. Which, based on what you said about winning vs Inter and the like, would be lacking patience in the attacking play. Playing with 3 strikers up front I suppose you're using a 4-1-2-3 narrow tactic. I have seen tactics like that a lot this last year, and they're all having the same problem: if the opponent lies deep and plays narrowly too, scoring will require fantastic individual efforts. There will still be lots of one-on-one chances vs the keeper, but since SI aren't able to program proper defending having those 1-on-1s be poor chances is the only way they can ensure realistic results.

So the facts of FM are:

a) narrow tactics are deliberately fought by making one-on-ones with the keeper less potent than they should be

b) wide tactics are deliberately fought by making crossing to strikers inefficient as well

c) this way, the match engine of FM11 (and presumably FM12) is designed to punish one-tactic-fits-all approaches to the game and promote the newly developed TC approach; in other words game-to-game adjustments as well as in-match adjustments to standardized tactical setups

Besides, since the assistant won and your striker scored in the first match against Atalanta, the two next matches cannot be compared at all to the matches you played. One loss means you are on your way to lose the next match too, since FM11 is very form-based. A striker not scoring is a striker going into the next game not scoring. One win and the striker scoring means that you are going into the next match on the way to win, and the striker will be in a goal-scoring form.

But the assistant manager won't make use of shouts, or change any tactical settings during the game (at least, that's how I understood it.) He'll only sub off tired players.

Te AssMan also sucks for pre season friendlies. If I allow him to control the team during pre-season, alot of my players are not upto match fit.

Te AssMan also sucks for pre season friendlies. If I allow him to control the team during pre-season, alot of my players are not upto match fit.

This is because he is somehow attempting to give the whole club match fitness. The first team, the reserves, the youth team. All of them.

The solution is to arrange 10+ friendlies, one every 3rd/4th day. After I started doing this I have had no problems with match fitness for the season opening.

In the 10 games he has played he has just three goals. He performs pathetically, poorly, and his average is 6.70 over, and 5.8 the past three games. I am sick and tired of telling this guy to "Prove a Point".

Uh stop trying it then? Clearly it isn't working, probably due to his personality.

Jesus you must be one ***** manager to come on here and make a thread like this.

Uh stop trying it then? Clearly it isn't working, probably due to his personality.

Jesus you must be one ***** manager to come on here and make a thread like this.

Gotta love this forum. Ironic though, you thought the OPs post was bad, but yours is the worst in the thread!

If you're gonna post, you might as well be helpful rather than rude and petty.

Gotta love this forum. Ironic though, you thought the OPs post was bad, but yours is the worst in the thread!

If you're gonna post, you might as well be helpful rather than rude and petty.

Didn't actually say his post was bad, besides which, all he does is make up crap like this, if he wants help, my advice would be to put the game back in the box, as he clearly doesn't have the patience/mentality/ability, SOMETHING to play it very well.

Didn't actually say his post was bad, besides which, all he does is make up crap like this, if he wants help, my advice would be to put the game back in the box, as he clearly doesn't have the patience/mentality/ability, SOMETHING to play it very well.

Another brilliant post :thup: Why bother saying anything at all?

Look at your own failings before being so quick to point out other's.

Umm well I've won a load of stuff on the game. Clearly I am doing it right, unlike the OP.

That's not the point. The point is that you have a really bad attitude and seem to have a need to put yourself over random people on the internet to make yourself feel good about yourself.

It's all based on poor effort when i play this team. Yet if i play against Inter, i win. If i play against Barcelona, i lose, but it's a greta game to watch nonetheless. Yet, i play three teams in a row, and i lose because...........why? Poor motivation? Ok, one game i can take. But THREE games in a row? No. It is UNACCEPTABLE.

writing_process.gif

I think the OP buggered off guys.

To be fair, I had a similar (if not so enraged) opinion when I first started playing FM until I started chipping away at it's finer points and understanding it better.

Related hypothetical: when you go on holiday and you DON'T tick the box that says 'use current tactics', it would be nice to see what tactics your assman actually used wouldn't it?

I can dream...

I was like this when I first started... then realised it was my tactics... then remembered that FM is just a game and that football in real life is completely random too! I'd also like to wager that it works the opposite way sometimes and that your opponent will batter you and you will still find a way to win...

Archived