Match fixing

just thinking about all the recent scandals in football regarding match fixing in Greece and turkey, will these changes beput into the new game, also i would like a option in the game to be able to bribe match officials and possibly bribe otherclubs

They will not. SI have repeatedly said that they won't include incidents of this nature.

Regardless of the fact that SI don't want it in the game, they quite literally couldn't have it.

How long would it take to an official finding out that he accepted a bribe in the game, and as a result seeking damages from SI/SEGA for libel? How long before a club took SI/SEGA to court?

Regardless of the fact that SI don't want it in the game, they quite literally couldn't have it.

How long would it take to an official finding out that he accepted a bribe in the game, and as a result seeking damages from SI/SEGAfor libel? How long before a club took SI/SEGA to court?

i see your point it could be a legal issue, im sure clubs would understand its just a game though

It would be good if this kind of thing could be modded just like with a player punching someone which was in some of the old versions. I would love to see one of my players go mental and kung-fu kick some one in the crowd. There could be no legal complications for SI and Sega if this was modded by a user.

It would be good if this kind of thing could be modded just like with a player punching someone which was in some of the old versions. I would love to see one of my players go mental and kung-fu kick some one in the crowd. There could be no legal complications for SI and Sega if this was modded by a user.

As much as I would also want to see a kung-fu kick it will never be added. It would also make my modding of the forum harder can you imagine how many people would complain when there star newgen player is banned for 6 months for going on a Jackie Chan style rampage through the crowd lol.

It is for legal reasons that this sort of thing is not in FM.

Didn't Ultimate Soccer Manager enable you to do illegal things?

Ultimate Soccer Manager was the closest thing CM had to a rival at the time. It took a totally contradictory approach, ignoring realism in favour of fun, but was a masterpiece all the same. I wish someone would create a proper spiritual successor.

And yes, it had fixing. It was only offered to you as an individual though from what I remember, and by betting syndicates. They also had gambling the team's money on a result. As a result, no real person could be accused of match fixing by the game. :p

Ultimate Soccer Manager was the closest thing CM had to a rival at the time. It took a totally contradictory approach, ignoring realism in favour of fun, but was a masterpiece all the same. I wish someone would create a proper spiritual successor.

And yes, it had fixing. It was only offered to you as an individual though from what I remember, and by betting syndicates. They also had gambling the team's money on a result. As a result, no real person could be accused of match fixing by the game. :p

Couldn't agree more I spent hours on USM98 just couldn't remember how the gambling worked, I am sure there was some sort of cheat to always win when betting on matches. If only someone would bring out that sort of crazy game again maybe legal issues are more of a threat now than back then.

Archived