Anyone else worried about the new FM?

My expectations are always high for a new FM release but.....

is anyone else looking at the new features and asking the question do they really warrent a new release? I don't want 'features' I want sufficient changes to the game, why can't features just be added with patches?

The manager tone feature really worry me, are they going to be as repetitive as the media feature which my assistant always attends. I HOPE NOT! So many features are being added into the game which are totally useless and gutless, I go back to the good old days of CM4..... :D none of this media crap, pure and simple football manager.

I really hope FM12 is a massive improvement over FM11, but reading reviews and looking at the images i'm worried im going to be majorly disappointed!!

I know its hard to comment before actually playing the game but what are your views? :cool:

Sir, I don't believe that you actually know what you want.

In paragraph two, you claim "I don't want 'features' I want sufficient changes to the game, why can't features just be added with patches?" - This misses the fact that new features ARE changes to the game, and doesn't explain what the difference between a change and a feature actually is. However, it also suggests that you want MORE change than the features offered bring to the table. You want them to be patch changes, with even bigger changes happening every year. We'll address this later.

In paragraph three, you claim you "go back to the good old days of CM4..... none of this media crap, pure and simple football manager." - This would suggest less changes. In fact, it would suggest you want a regression, with old changes being undone.

So firstly sir, do you want more or less changes. You contradict yourself on this matter.

Secondly, if the game changed too fast, with the sort of features we see between games coming in patches instead, there would be even less testing, even less perfecting and even less tweaking involved in each new feature. If the game was revolutionised every year, it'd be in an even buggier state, with too many things being added at one time. This speeded up cycle of change would result in more "useless and gutless" parts to the game,

Thirdly, CM4 is only better than FM11 when you play it through rose tinted glasses. If it truly was a better game, why aren't you playing it with an updated database right now? The simple fact is even as we bemoan new additions, we soon find we don't want to play without them.

Can I get your views on the media interaction ie attending the pre match conferences etc

Do you actually attend each one or do you send your assistant?

If a feature is added into the game then it needs to be polished, media interaction is poo, same question every other game so whats the point in that feature?

Can I get your views on the media interaction ie attending the pre match conferences etc

Do you actually attend each one or do you send your assistant?

If a feature is added into the game then it needs to be polished, media interaction is poo, same question every other game so whats the point in that feature?

It's polite to answer points addressed to you before asking more questions. For instance, we still don't actually know if you want more or less changes, seeing as you've called for both.

But in the interest of civility, I'll state that I send my Assistant more often than not, but will attend the odd one myself when I feel there's something in it for me. Unfortunately press conferences by their very nature are rather repetitive affairs, but they are improving every year.

The point of it is both that it's an integral part of a real manager's job, and that it can be used to affect the psychological states of your team and other teams.

And how exactly do you mesh the idea that every feature added to the game should be polished, and your earlier feelings that we need bigger changes every game, and that features such as this should just be added as patches. You want more work done on every change, but way more changes? Would you also like Big Macs to triple in size, use genuine Angus Steak beef, aged cheddar cheese AND only cost 50p each? You can't have your cake and eat it son.

Finally, if your biggest gripe is the media interactions, simply set your assistant to attend press conferences. Around three clicks and you are done for the rest of that career game.

Archived