I Need Help Regarding FM 11

Afternoon guys.

I purchased the Steam version of FM 2011,installed it,all ok until i tried to run the game.

When i try to run the game,i get the same message all the time,"cannot run programme,failed to set up graphics system"

I really am Computer illiterate,so if i post my graphics system details up,will anyone help me see if my computer actually runs the game,and if it doesnt,what can i do to make it run on my computer,i'd really appreciate it.

Generic PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter. I run Windows 7 and the PC is fairly modern...i think.

As i said,any help would be hugely appreciated. Thanks guys.

Steam whilst downloading the game occasionally will miss some files during the download process.

To check if you have all the correct game files, open steam, go to your game library and right click on the FM11 icon. Then select properties then local files and click verify integrity of game cache.

This will force steam to download any game files it may have overlooked.

Its not the game. he does not have graphic drivers installed.

"Generic PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter."

If he had it would say what brand and model number

Its not the game. he does not have graphic drivers installed.

"Generic PnP Monitor on Standard VGA Graphics Adapter."

If he had it would say what brand and model number

Is this something i can fix immediately online? Or do i have to buy/order online further graphics stuff,i am honestly quite bad with computers Lol

Thanks for all the replies gents.

Bought it from a guy on Gumtree,from Kilmarnock,he says he buys old broken computers and fixes them up then sells them on,it is definitely a far better computer than my previous one,which ran on Windows XP and also ran FM 2010. But that one eventually broke,so looked up Gumtree and bought this one. According to the guy,this comp is twice as good as my previous one.

Have you tried my advice from the FAQ? I really dont think your issue is you have no graphics drivers installed, if you bought the computer off someone who fixes old computers its highly unlikely he would sell it with no drivers installed at all. Go through what i have posted in the 2nd post in this thread, it should help you out.

Right gents. Thanks very much,thats me up and running. Went Aberdeen,played 2 won 2 so far (Beat Hamilton & St.Johnstone)

Cant thank you lads enough,really grateful.

Mark.

Awesome :) good luck with the save.

Archived