Too many stickies

ms998

It'd make the forum easier for those of us used to it, but make it easier to miss for newbies at the forum. That'll make them more likely to notice the blogs and get excited about the new game. Unfortunate for us, but it's not too hard to scroll down a page or so for the next month.

Actually, it makes it a lot harder to see the individual threads... The more stickies you have, the less "value" a sticky has, and the temptation is greater to just ignore them. Plus they are interspersed with other non-FM12 stickies and non-feature threads.

This forum has a terrible design anyway - on a standard screen with height <1024, the non-sticky threads are one page down - every webpage should have its natural content on the very first screen. The header is too big, the notice is too big and there are too many stickies.

Why they can't do a set of images of some sort on the header for each blog is beyond me - it catches the eye better, actually makes use of the space and reduces the number of stickies.

when i was reading the forum the other night a mate turned to me and said ' im glad i dont use this forum because the ammount of stickies is ridiculous'. think he had a very fair point. why cant blogs have their own forum section?

They do have it.

I would imagine they dont want that part of the forum being clogged up with anything other than the blogs themselves, the stickies will all be gone in a few weeks surely.

I still think the forum would be much clearer if we would discuss blogs where they are originally posted as every blog has it's own thread. I would not allow though for members to be able to open new threads in Football Manager Blogs forum.

yeah it does look a bit of a mess at the moment, i can see the reasoning tho, you keep all the blogs in one place, all the "discussion" in another, keep them separate as some people only want to come and read the blogs, they are not interested in what we or others have to say about them.

yeah it does look a bit of a mess at the moment, i can see the reasoning tho, you keep all the blogs in one place, all the "discussion" in another, keep them separate as some people only want to come and read the blogs, they are not interested in what we or others have to say about them.

If they're not interested to see what others have to say about the blogs then they should just read the OP and ignore the discussion below. :D

These forums are amongst the most poorly designed and managed around, it makes me thankful there are fan created forums for the series. TBH I'm for the removal of the blogs entirely and just bring the demo out early as there are bound to be many bugs that we will find for them and the blogs are either repetitive or include stuff from previous FMs slipped in as "new". That won't happen though, so we have to put up with the poorly written things (or even worse, the video blogs with the Face of Boe - starting to look more and more like a regen I swear) cluttering the forums. I don't want to have to scroll to find the usual deluge of "it's your tactics" threads damnit! So yeah, I agree with the OP and fellow sentiments.

i like cake

I like them with a buttery biscuit base.

This will be sorted closer to release. Right now SI want all the blogs to have their own sticky thread here, hopefully once they've got the publicity out the way they'll condense the threads down to one (or merge them with the threads in the blogs forum).

Well a new sticky is being created every day (or lets be generous very two days).

With another 23 days (I think becasue I have no idea which sticky the announcement is in) until release, we can expect another 10-11 stickies taking us up to 30-31 stickies. To be honest, it looks unprofessional as you obviously have no idea on what a sticky should be used for.

This will be sorted closer to release. Right now SI want all the blogs to have their own sticky thread here, hopefully once they've got the publicity out the way they'll condense the threads down to one (or merge them with the threads in the blogs forum).
There's no additional publicity because it drowns the attention of a sticky. A sticky is meant to look special and stick out - right now, none of the stickies stand out and collectively it looks like someone took a dump on GD.

There's no additional publicity because it drowns the attention of a sticky. A sticky is meant to look special and stick out - right now, none of the stickies stand out and collectively it looks like someone took a dump on GD.

I was merely stating the position, not arguing for it- but I think seeing a new thread go out for each blog will increase publicity or hype, even if the old threads lose their impact after a day.

In that case de-sticky some threads?

Sticky: 11.3 Compatibility Patch for Mac OSX Lion - Really needs to be stickied with FM2012 round the corner? - perhaps the support forum would be more appropriate

Sticky: Football Manager 2011 FAQ and Manual - Same as above

Sticky: A Message On Football Manager 2012 Activation - Its locked, also covered by Sticky: Football Manager 2012 - Activation / Steam FAQ

The other thing which annoys me is the like of consistency

*Official*

Official*

Official

Can you stick to a format please :p

In that case de-sticky some threads?

Sticky: 11.3 Compatibility Patch for Mac OSX Lion - Really needs to be stickied with FM2012 round the corner? - perhaps the support forum would be more appropriate

Sticky: Football Manager 2011 FAQ and Manual - Same as above

Sticky: A Message On Football Manager 2012 Activation - Its locked, also covered by Sticky: Football Manager 2012 - Activation / Steam FAQ

The other thing which annoys me is the like of consistency

*Official*

Official*

Official

Can you stick to a format please :p

Agree with this. The Atcitivation thred should stay though, might be locked but still relevent. Already a link for the Fm 2011 FAQ higher up on the page.

Archived