Could SI please fix the Norwegian league system?

This has been a problem in some way or another since at least CM4: The 2nd teams of clubs in Norway aren't handled correctly.

In the Norwegian league system, 2nd (and 3rd) teams plays in the same league system as the 1st team. And a team that is in the Norwegian PL is allowed to have a second team in the 2nd division*. And that is the case for several teams. Now this is represented accurately in FM when you begin, but the moment 2nd teams go down a division, they will never get up again. I can't say for FM11, but in FM08 they don't play any matches at all. The players in the 2nd team gets a few statistically calculated matches in an unspecified league (this should be the 3rd division, -which is specified for players going down from 2nd division .) This is also a problem when taking control of a lower league team which will never have a 2nd team that actually plays matches at the level they should be playing. This should definitely be fixed** to accurately represent the system, as well as ensuring that 2nd teams actually gets to play games, so players wont completely rot in the second team. I doubt this will be possible to fix in time for the release, but a patch that would do this would be most welcome since I intend to buy fm 2012...

*division is more or less an equivalent term for "league" in Norway.

**As far as I can gather, this is due to 2nd teams not being able to get more than 100 in reputation which could prove to be an easy fix.

I have seen 2nd teams in Germany get promoted back to the 3.Bundesliga & I'm sure I've seen the same happen in Spain, granted it does not appear to happen all that often but this tends to be the case with all teams relegated out of a playable division.

The biggest problem in long career saves is that a team that rises through the divisions does not pull its 'B'/'2nd' team along with it, if I managed to guide team from 3.Bundesliga to being a perennial title challenger in 1.Bundesliga I'd expect that my 2nd team would work its way up the football pyramid to eventually reach the 3.Bundesliga.

There must be a way of coding the game so that in countries where the reserve team play in the same league structure reserve teams can be added to the pool of teams that can be promoted to the lowest playable league should the senior side become a regular top tier side.

Also, Norwegian "2" teams should not be treated like a regular Reserve team...

In real life, due to relatively small first squads, HG rules and lack of money, most teams don't play their fringe players in the 2nd team fixtures... at least not at the ratio the AI does in FM anyway.

A player coming back from injury or who hasn't been used much can play a portion of match for the 2nd team, but it's more like an exception, not the rule...

Basically the 2nd team is more like another Youth Team where youngsters can get their first taste of (semi)competitive football.

If anything, it's the 2nd team "loaning" youngsters to the first squad, not the first team sending backups and deadwood down to lower leagues.

2nd teams are just another rung of the youth development ladder, not the final stop before getting sold, or a glorified retirement house.

That isn't happening in FM and most 2nd teams walk away with the league because they're fielding plenty of first-teamers...

Archived