Loan deals from your parent club

Just a quick one, as I've only recently patched.

When you have a parent club, shouldn't all loan deals be free with wages covered thanks to the terms of the deal?

I've got Man Utd as mine, yet I can't sign anybody without MU wanting both a fee and their wages paid. For what it's worth, I'm in the Championship with Farnborough.

Have to say I really hate the loan deals on this patch. I honestly can't see that clubs like United would demand fees from tiny clubs to loan 17 year olds. I'd instead expect them to welcome the offers to give their players some experience, especially if that club is their feeder club. Certainly, if it's a more experienced player than fine, pay the wages and the fee, but for a youngster? Not convinced.

Just a quick one, as I've only recently patched.

When you have a parent club, shouldn't all loan deals be free with wages covered thanks to the terms of the deal?

I've got Man Utd as mine, yet I can't sign anybody without MU wanting both a fee and their wages paid. For what it's worth, I'm in the Championship with Farnborough.

Have to say I really hate the loan deals on this patch. I honestly can't see that clubs like United would demand fees from tiny clubs to loan 17 year olds. I'd instead expect them to welcome the offers to give their players some experience, especially if that club is their feeder club. Certainly, if it's a more experienced player than fine, pay the wages and the fee, but for a youngster? Not convinced.

only if the parent club choose to send the players on loan to you, if you go asking your treated like any other club asking for a loan.

It seems very random which clubs want a fee and wages paid for their players, and why. Not talking about parents clubs here, I just mean in general. Oddly enough I was trying to loan a player recently but the club wanted a hefty fee and 70% of the wages paid for, so I backed out. A rival in the same league then managed to loan the same player while barely covering 20% of the wages and with barely any fee! A tad confusing and annoying.

only if the parent club choose to send the players on loan to you, if you go asking your treated like any other club asking for a loan.

Shouldn't be like that though. The whole point of the feeder club is to loan players. Fair enough for top youngsters but you get asked for 250k+ for League 1 standard youngsters.

Shouldn't be like that though. The whole point of the feeder club is to loan players. Fair enough for top youngsters but you get asked for 250k+ for League 1 standard youngsters.

Absolutely right. I'm trying to sign an 18 year old with no first team experience at all, so why I have to pay £500,000 up front for him is beyond me, and I dare say, unrealistic.

As you say, for top youngsters going to other PL clubs, fine, no problems. But into the Championship and below?

Parent clubs are not there so you have open access to all of their youth team, they are there so when they have a player they decide needs to go out on loan they can offer you the first chance to have him for no fee as its doing them a favour.

It depends on the terms of the agreement - it wouldn't be outlandish for a child club to negotiate a no-loan fee clause of some sort.

The whole point of a parent-child club partnership is that the child club rubs the parent's back and the parent obliges with presents. But it comes down to inter-club relationships which doesn't happen in FM. It will also come down to the annual fee paid. You can see a parent club giving players without a loan fee to a child club (even if it has other offered loan fees from other clubs) as they have paid their annual fee up front beforehand - what's the point of wasting it? Or a parent club relaxing its demands if the child club has a history of playing their promising youngsters often. Or a parent club paying a larger-than-usual annual fee and a no-loan fee clause, to offset it.

It's a partnership, and anything can happen. So it's not wrong, but it's not right either - the issue is that FM isn't deep enough.

Archived