My team have just gone into Admin

at first i was not spending hardly anything as i didnt have a transfer budget, but when i was in the Championship the club built a new stadoum 25,000 seats and seem to keep upgrading the youth and training facilities without me asking, also have a sugar daddy also.

So some how i have managed to mess it up big time

my wage budget is 94mill a season, thats pretty big really, i am now out of Admin? was in it 10days

Is the budget in Euro's or pounds? Either way £1.8 million a week is very high. Probably a stupid question but are you sure the sugar daddy has not left or pulled his funding? if you have one you should not go into admin. At least you are out of it yet, what is your bank balance now?

Could be a fun game now trying to shift out the high earners and bring in young players who want smaller contracts.

How far in debt did you go first? I have a nasty feeling my Luton team is headed the same way, even though we're spending a modest 1 mil a week on wages and 20 mil a season net spend on players.

edit: We're 50 mil in debt, losing around 5 mil a month. Around 3 mil a month is deferred transfer fees from all the over 48 months I'd organised over the last few years. We probably have 70-80 mil worth of top stars we could sell, but that'd totally gut an already struggling team, after going unbeaten last year and winning a second or third consecutive champions league, this year we had a bad patch and are now in the UEFA Cup and fighting for a top 4 finish.

Finances: Okay

Is that a step above or below Secure?

How far in debt did you go first? I have a nasty feeling my Luton team is headed the same way, even though we're spending a modest 1 mil a week on wages and 20 mil a season net spend on players.

edit: We're 50 mil in debt, losing around 5 mil a month. Around 3 mil a month is deferred transfer fees from all the over 48 months I'd organised over the last few years. We probably have 70-80 mil worth of top stars we could sell, but that'd totally gut an already struggling team, after going unbeaten last year and winning a second or third consecutive champions league, this year we had a bad patch and are now in the UEFA Cup and fighting for a top 4 finish.

Finances: Okay

Is that a step above or below Secure?

Below Secure. Next one down is Insecure. Your team sound in a bit of trouble tbh.

Below Secure. Next one down is Insecure. Your team sound in a bit of trouble tbh.

We went down to Insecure, then the chairman restructured our debt. I owe him 300k / month for 20 years (on top of the 180k a month we already owed for the next 12 to the bank, which I think was Stadium related), we're back to okay, and have 800k in the bank. The chairman still feels he'll never leave the club, which is a good thing. It's still Nick Owen, who is the real chairman. He's a great guy in game! No idea how he is in real life. He's 73 now though in the game, so I'm sure I'll be taken over in the next couple of years.

I guess my job now is to not spend ANY money this summer if I can avoid it. I already have a couple of hot prospects coming in, but that's not going to break the bank. No more big signings until I sell. :(If I can survive in the top 4 and get back to making a decent Champions League run every year (I've hated being back in the UEFA this year, even though I am about to go to the final) I can pull them out, build up a decent bank balance, then have another shot at overthrowing City and Arsenal.

I'm predicting a spot of bother around the corner for me, too. I'm at Farnborough in my sixth season, and up in the Championship. The board have extended the stadium to 6,000, which is selling out every week, but have just announced plans to build a new stadium and a youth academy at the same time, and I'm spending £80,000 a week on wages. With only 6,000 tickets each week, it's only a matter of time before I'm crippled with debt, and it's at least 3 years until the stadium is ready.

Interesting times!

That sounds like an awful time to hit a wall. If you can just sneak into the premiership, the extra money will make a huge difference!

In an attempt to drag my wages down a little, cover the potential wonderkids I've scouted in Brazil and Argentina this summer and make sure we don't slip into the red again, I've had to let my star player go. A man I bought 3 years ago for 27 mil, and has gone on to score 195 goals in 171 appearances for the club. He did his job and made us a force to be reckoned with, and is off to Barcelona for 40 mil, so a tidy profit too.

I've also let our 24 year old defensive midfield rock go. We paid 2.5 mil 2 years ago for him, so I can't really refuse 15 mil now, when there's an almost as good player on the bench.

So next year will be an adventure. A profitable one off the pitch hopefully, while I try to build a cheap young team to do well on the pitch. One good thing is that even if this transition sees me missing my targets, I've done so much for Luton I can't see them sacking me.

No chance of me making the PL in a hurry. Just not got the players, but I'm pretty pleased to have made the Championship so quickly.

My ambition is to play my first game in the new stadium in the top flight, which gives me three years to go up. Certainly possible.

I sold off 82 mil worth of talent.

Unfortunately, I brought in 22 mil worth, so it's not as successful a clearout as originally planned. Dropped the wages to £780k a week (my gate receipts over the year should now just cover my wages, which I always like to keep as a key financial health indicator) and have 60 mil in the bank, 35 mil of it from transfers. The other 15 mil we're receiving over time, which will offset some of our transfers in over time.

That 22 mil.. 15 mil of it went on a 16 year old.

trVzg.png

Bit of a risk, but the kid could be amazing.

at luton i struggled with finances for a long time. 600k a week wages with a 12,500 capacity stadium simply doesnt add up to staying in the black. i also made the stupid mistake of spending 30m on transfers on 48 month deals, so i was losing over 600k a month with these fees. breaking into the champions league was the only thing that kept my head above water.

i got lucky in the end though. a 26,000 seater stadium gave me double the original income from ticket sales and when nick owen left i had all my debts cleared. i also got rid of the main top earners (had back up players on 50k a week) and brought in regens on much lower wages. my plan now is when a player wants to leave or asks for too much money is to sell and get someone for a lower fee and low wages.

at luton i struggled with finances for a long time. 600k a week wages with a 12,500 capacity stadium simply doesnt add up to staying in the black. i also made the stupid mistake of spending 30m on transfers on 48 month deals, so i was losing over 600k a month with these fees. breaking into the champions league was the only thing that kept my head above water.

i got lucky in the end though. a 26,000 seater stadium gave me double the original income from ticket sales and when nick owen left i had all my debts cleared. i also got rid of the main top earners (had back up players on 50k a week) and brought in regens on much lower wages. my plan now is when a player wants to leave or asks for too much money is to sell and get someone for a lower fee and low wages.

Yeah, my stadium has just been extended to a 37000 seater. I probably was living above my means when it was a 25k seater and I was spending 1 mil a week on wages.

I was doing well in the champions league, but that wasn't enough. Ah well, welcome to the more austere Luton period. My new goal is to forget trophies and just concentrate on top 3 and Champions League knockout stages every year so I can build a bank roll.

its 2.9mill a week my wage budget

How on earth are you spending that kind of money in the championship? The top teams in my game don't spend that kind of money :/

Sounds like you need to practice searching for bargain players and not overpaying them. Or is your squad too big?

How on earth are you spending that kind of money in the championship? The top teams in my game don't spend that kind of money :/

Sounds like you need to practice searching for bargain players and not overpaying them. Or is your squad too big?

i was in the prem, im not overly sure why i got that big i was actually under budget for the start of the season which was 3.something.

i was in the prem, im not overly sure why i got that big i was actually under budget for the start of the season which was 3.something.
The board will give you enough rope to hang yourself, the team, themselves, and then some.

Ignore the wage budget set by your board - it's suicidal.

Yeah, I always like to keep my wage bill to average attendance (use the board's guess on the request screen, or your capacity if that's lower) * average ticket price / 2 for my weekly wage. That means that if I play 26 home games (which I usually will) my income from the stadium and wages will be exactly equal. I let myself get WAY ahead of that in this Luton save though, relying on Champions League money and paying over time to stay afloat. Even that ran out eventually though. I was lucky enough to be well enough established now though that even selling 80 mil worth of players and only bringing in 20 mil worth of replacements, I should be able to stay in the top 4, or top 5/6 worst ways.

Plus with the board expanding the stadium last year I faced extra costs, but can now afford higher wages on my personal budget. I should be paying £856,938 a week according to the sums, so I'd call that "850k". I'm currently spending 792k (but have a few renewals about to go through that might push it to 810 at worst), but the board are happy for me to spend a whopping 1.44mil a week. This is after almost going into administration 3 months ago and having to be bailed out by the chairman! If I don't mind dropping my 51 mil transfer fund (with 61 mil in the bank, also seems a bit dangerous!) down to 21 mil they'll let me spend 2 mil a week on wages. Yeah, 2 and a half times my gates.

Fascinating reading the financial woes of you guys. I've done something similar with Eastbourne Boro, taking them from the BSP up into the Prem. It's now 2020 and we just won the Champions League. The key for me is never ever exceed the wage budget. I begged the Chairman to build me a new stadium as a 4000 seater wasn't giving me any headroom with wages. IIRC I don't think I spent more than about £200K in transfer fees getting to the Championship so my wages were never very high. And as soon as you hit the Prem you get the £40million TV money so from there on it it's been plain sailing.

I now have a wage budget of £1.6million a week but am only spending £1.2 I have £15million bank balance with no loans and a 32000 seater stadium. The loan for the stadium got paid off early as we had a balance of over £40million at one point.

My mantra is buy cheap and young, then sell on for massive profit including 50% sell on clauses where possible and watch the money roll in.

Have fun!

Fascinating reading the financial woes of you guys. I've done something similar with Eastbourne Boro, taking them from the BSP up into the Prem. It's now 2020 and we just won the Champions League. The key for me is never ever exceed the wage budget. I begged the Chairman to build me a new stadium as a 4000 seater wasn't giving me any headroom with wages. IIRC I don't think I spent more than about £200K in transfer fees getting to the Championship so my wages were never very high. And as soon as you hit the Prem you get the £40million TV money so from there on it it's been plain sailing.

I now have a wage budget of £1.6million a week but am only spending £1.2 I have £15million bank balance with no loans and a 32000 seater stadium. The loan for the stadium got paid off early as we had a balance of over £40million at one point.

My mantra is buy cheap and young, then sell on for massive profit including 50% sell on clauses where possible and watch the money roll in.

Have fun!

I exceeded my budget down in the championship, but haven't other than that. It was the transfers over 48 months that got to me eventually I think!

Unless your making a profit on transfers every year, I'm not sure that 1.2 mil a week wages is sustainable with 32k seats though. For 1.2 mil a week, you want to be in a 60k seater, assuming roughly £40 a ticket and 26 home games a year. That way you can let prize money build up a bank balance and pay for transfers.

find it hard to believe that people think they can afford to spend £1m+ a week on wages with a stadium that holds less than 40,000 and get away with it. got to to r0x0r got it spot on when working it out. putting young regens on lower wages on longer contracts can help save you a lot of money. if they start getting greedy then get rid and replace them unless they are that good.

find it hard to believe that people think they can afford to spend £1m+ a week on wages with a stadium that holds less than 40,000 and get away with it. got to to r0x0r got it spot on when working it out. putting young regens on lower wages on longer contracts can help save you a lot of money. if they start getting greedy then get rid and replace them unless they are that good.

The wage budget assigned by the board is incredibly misleading, which is why it can confuse some users.

I tend to try and use this formula to give me a rough idea on how much I can afford a week for player and staff wages.Current maximum attendance (TIMES X) Ticket price (X) number of home league games in season (DIVIDE /) 52 weeks (EQUALS =) affordble weekly wage limit

I exceeded my budget down in the championship, but haven't other than that. It was the transfers over 48 months that got to me eventually I think!

Unless your making a profit on transfers every year, I'm not sure that 1.2 mil a week wages is sustainable with 32k seats though. For 1.2 mil a week, you want to be in a 60k seater, assuming roughly £40 a ticket and 26 home games a year. That way you can let prize money build up a bank balance and pay for transfers.

You may have a point, but if you are successful and can maintain Champions League football plus you make money in the transfer market then I sincerely hope it is sustainable. I'm filling out my 32000 stadium most weeks now so am hoping for an expansion at some point.

You may have a point, but if you are successful and can maintain Champions League football plus you make money in the transfer market then I sincerely hope it is sustainable. I'm filling out my 32000 stadium most weeks now so am hoping for an expansion at some point.

If you have a good youth system (buying in the best 16-18 year o0lds, selling them at 22-28) you can get away with it. If you managed to set that up while establishing yourself int he premiership, I take my hat off to you. I'm just starting that now in my Luton game, having already made us a household name.

Ah I see.

The board seems to give you enough to compete with the highest teams in the league no matter how poor your income is. I guess you learned your lesson, don't let your board write cheques your ass can't cash. ;)

Archived