add/drop leagues feature

Just so I have an understanding of this new feature - Can I do the following?

1) Start a New Game, loading every league from every country - ie. the Complete package, meaning a very SLOW start to the game in terms of processing speed.

2) Start unemployed, apply for every available job, pick a team to manage (assuming i get offered one with my Sunday league rep!)

3) Untick every other league and country except the one I'm managing in, therefore speeding the game up considerably to super fast processing speed because i only have one country loaded now.

4) Fancy a new challenge, or get sacked.. tick every country again, slowing the game down again, and apply everywhere.

5) once i've got a new job, untick the countries and speed up gameplay again.

Or does it not work like that, and will always be slow if i load every single country from the start..... ?

I presume it will be slower than if you only selected that league at the start. You are still loading up all of the players so the database will be quite large. Apart from that, once leagues are deselected, it should run faster.

I'd got the impression that on adding new leagues in, you would have to wait until the start of the next season in that country for it to be selectable. For some reason, I'd assumed the same principle would apply to deselecting leagues.

Honestly though, I'm just guessing.

• SI Staff
I'd got the impression that on adding new leagues in, you would have to wait until the start of the next season in that country for it to be selectable. For some reason, I'd assumed the same principle would apply to deselecting leagues.

Honestly though, I'm just guessing.

Good guesswork :thup:

Good guesswork :thup:

Cheers - didn't think of that, so you can only go to manage in a new nation during that countries off-season.... interesting.

But that still doesn't answer the question of whether or not processing speed differs depending on how many leagues are selected at a given time, or whether it's a constant from the start based on the nations you load at the beginning of your save....

Archived