Which member of your team will you be relying on to deal with (opposition player X)?

rich_m

Hi,

Just wondering how people react to the "Which member of your team will you be relying on to deal with (opposition player X)?" question in pre-match press conferences?

Do you just leave it with no comment, thinking that you don't want to give any tactical / teamsheet info, or do you name a player hoping to give him a morale boost due to your confidence in him (or inversely knocking his morale if he can't cope with the pressure?)

I answer the best player in the position opposite to the player he asked about, for example if I was Man United manager against Stoke and they said "Who should deal with Crouch." I'd prob say Vidic, if I played against Barcelona and asked me "Who should deal with Pedro" I'd say Evra, catch my drift?

yeah im exactly the same, even if i dont plan on playing the big players in a game i will use them, always seems to work out ok.

"Who do you intend to use?"

<player name>

Press Item - "under control" = player individual team-talk "expect a performance"

Press Item - "will struggle" = player individual team-talk "no pressure" or "you have faith"

I usually choose the player who would be most likely to have to deal with the "danger-man" in my tactical setup/expected team-selection

Archived