Tevez and loyalty

Is it possible to go into Minus on the new game for a players loyalty lol :o

seriously i used to really like Tevez, still do when he is on the pitch and playing well, dont think there are much better players, but he seems like a complete idiot of it at the moment, i know he misses his family, but he signed the contract and had been in England many years before he did. not good, cant see him staying at City much longer dont even think he will make the transfer window:applause:

I've been waiting all morning for a Tevez needs downgrading or something similar thread!! According to him today he never refused to go on the pitch, i guess there is more to it that we know at the moment. They should have sold him in the summer, they will get half the money they could have for him after last night.

lol i was expecting there to be a thread tbh lol.

He does not need downgrading on anything else, but his never been one for Loyalty that said he seems fond of West Ham.

I still think say if Chelsea of Madrid/ Barca came in and offered him more money he would move to them, im not buying this missing family thing, i swear Man City said they have moved his family to Manchester to make him more happy?

is it not a case that his family hate England and wont move there? Thats why he wants to leave the country altogether from what i have read.

To be fair to the guy he told the club he wanted to leave, that he was unhappy in the country and that he missed his family, City have themselves to blame for keeping a very unhappy player against his wishes, they should have cashed in during the summer. Their arrogance will be their downfall in the long run i think,

is it not a case that his family hate England and wont move there? Thats why he wants to leave the country altogether from what i have read.

To be fair to the guy he told the club he wanted to leave, that he was unhappy in the country and that he missed his family, City have themselves to blame for keeping a very unhappy player against his wishes, they should have cashed in during the summer. Their arrogance will be their downfall in the long run i think,

They won't move back there. (Edit: The rest is salacious gossip and we're not having that in here thanks. Go to popbitch if you want that stuff. Not on these forums, consider this a friendly warning.)

purpose of mancini's substitutions was pretty clear..keeping the 2-0, not conceding any more goals and saving power for the weekend...under these circumstances i can understand why tevez was not really keen on playing..

tevez is absolutely right that he deserves some amount of respect!

what about dzeko applauding to mancini for taking him off? nobody wants a downgrade for dzeko??

Silly post removed

Still he is away from his famliy, that is very hard, missing the most important years of your kids lives would be the hardest thing in the world, doesnt matter how much money you make. Yes they moved when he was at united but i guess he thought he could manage better than he has. I never said he is a poor victim but he is not the worst person in the world because of this.

and his kids are now here, im sure thats what i read Man City paid for them to come to City to make him feel happier. About a month ago maybe 2

Load of rubbish. City are doing nothing for Tevez now. In the summer we tried to find him a club to sell him but nobody wanted him.

Only because Man Cini was asking for way to much for him, he cost them nothing and then place a £50m price tag on him. What I don't get, he has been in the country for 5 years nearly 6 now and can't speak English, I don't get that I mean look at Cappelo and Trapattoni they have been here (Trapattoni Ireland of course) for less then that and they can deal with the language, I mean they don't have to be with the players all the time either so surely they can learn even Mancini has learnt it too!! Why won't he learn it then he can order food at a restaurant!

i can understand why tevez was not really keen on playing..

tevez is absolutely right that he deserves some amount of respect!

I'm sorry I must disagree, Tevez is what's wrong with the modern game. I'm so sick and tired of these over paid prima donna's playing the hard life card. This guy gets a quarter mil a week to play football. I say City should play hard ball with him. Let him train with the academy team until his contract runs out. He steps out of line, fine him. We'll see who wants him after that?!

I'm sorry I must disagree, Tevez is what's wrong with the modern game.

ManCity is what's wrong with the modern game.

You got Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli, Adebayor (as of summer 2011), why buying another world-class striker??

ManCity shouldn't complain about unhappy players as long as they keep buying players they actually do not need...

ManCity is what's wrong with the modern game.

You got Dzeko, Tevez, Balotelli, Adebayor (as of summer 2011), why buying another world-class striker??

ManCity shouldn't complain about unhappy players as long as they keep buying players they actually do not need...

Tevez is an employee, Man City pay his wages. If you or I told our boss "No thanks, don't fancy doing my job today" would that be acceptable? Professional footballers are disconnected from reality & Tevez is case in point. They can't be allowed to get away with behavior like that, it undermines the spirit of the game.

Tevez is an employee, Man City pay his wages. If you or I told our boss "No thanks, don't fancy doing my job today" would that be acceptable? Professional footballers are disconnected from reality & Tevez is case in point. They can't be allowed to get away with behavior like that, it undermines the spirit of the game.

How would you react if you moved to a new country for a job, hated the country, your family moved home so you never got to see your kids, and you asked your boss to let you leave, and he told you no, tough? Just because he gets paid a lot of money does not mean he isnt human, and misses his family, who remember will not come back to England because they hate it so much.

The decent thing for City to do would have been to make it easy for someone to sign him during the summer, they dont need the money, its not the same as the Modric and spurs who cant afford to lose him on the cheap. City dont need to worry about money at all, whilst i maybe dont agree with what Tevez did, i cannot understand City's stance at all.

How would you react if you moved to a new country for a job, hated the country, your family moved home so you never got to see your kids, and you asked your boss to let you leave, and he told you no, tough? Just because he gets paid a lot of money does not mean he isnt human, and misses his family, who remember will not come back to England because they hate it so much.

The decent thing for City to do would have been to make it easy for someone to sign him during the summer, they dont need the money, its not the same as the Modric and spurs who cant afford to lose him on the cheap. City dont need to worry about money at all, whilst i maybe dont agree with what Tevez did, i cannot understand City's stance at all.

This is all very valid and while I can understand the difficulty he claims to have had, it doesn't justify his actions. Nobody knows for sure what's been said or done except Tevez & Man City. And no amount of speculation will change my belief that his actions are indicative of the mind set of the modern professional footballer. This sense of entitlement they seem to have is a cancer, the clubs need to take a stand against it and we as fans must no longer accept it as the status quo.

This is all very valid and while I can understand the difficulty he claims to have had, it doesn't justify his actions. Nobody knows for sure what's been said or done except Tevez & Man City. And no amount of speculation will change my belief that his actions are indicative of the mind set of the modern professional footballer. This sense of entitlement they seem to have is a cancer, the clubs need to take a stand against it and we as fans must no longer accept it as the status quo.

Dont get me wrong i dont condone it at all, and for the best part i do agree with you, footballers live in another world now a days and i dont think refusing to go on or even arguing about it is any kind of way for a pro footballer to act, i just cannot understand City making life more difficult for him, his value will plummet because of this, and if they make him train with the kids this is going to get worse, its the last thing they need as a club really.

The fact that City have truck loads of money might just be why they've acted in the manner they have. Perhaps, they're taking a stand and refusing to be held to ransom? Consider it in the context of FM, surely I can't be the only one to have ever intentionally destroyed a players career by dumping him in the reserves and setting his training schedule to nothing. Then when his contract is up, cheerio pal. ;)

The fact that City have truck loads of money might just be why they've acted in the manner they have. Perhaps, they're taking a stand and refusing to be held to ransom? Consider it in the context of FM, surely I can't be the only one to have ever intentionally destroyed a players career by dumping him in the reserves and setting his training schedule to nothing. Then when his contract is up, cheerio pal. ;)

I just cannot understand why they would risk bad press, its the last thing City need right now, everyone already hates them because of their financial clout, they are a club with huge amounts of attention from the footballing world because of everything and the press are just itching to print bad reports and burst the bubble so to speak. Add that to the fact they already have a few problem players, Adabyeor, Ballioteli (sorry my spelling is terrible at times) amongst others, the last thing i would have thought they needed was any more internal issues.

Personally i cut my losses as soon as i can, any player that wants to leave or falls out with me leaves, i can always find another player.

I understand your point completely, but do you not think that's the easy way out? If everybody does that, nothing will change. Players will act like Tools because they know if they kick off the clubs will give in.

City are in a perfect position to make an example out of him because of the money and everybody's hatred of them. You're right it would draw the ire of the media, but how many disaffected football fans would be happy to see it? And I don't mean ruining the guys career, just making a stand. Saying no to a players demand for once.

The way i see it is there is more chance of success with a happy squad, a squad with internal problems is going to affect the on pitch success sooner or later. I do understand the making a stand, but surely only when its going to benefit your club in the long run. There are obviously issues at City, the reaction of Dzeko last night was appalling and obviously the Tevez incident was not how any pro should act, and like Mancini says, the big players at the big clubs dont act like that. I say get rid of him asap, move on, they already have a better player in Aguero, all they are doing is aggravating a very much unneeded situation.

The thing about it all is if they do banish him to train with the kids eventually its going to blow up even worse than now.

Am I alone when I say that I do not have much sympathy for Mancini or Man City in this affair?

Tevez wanted to be with his family and that to me should take priority over any contract that was signed. They could have let him go but for some reason refused and now they have this on their hands. Not to mention, Man City is full of mercenaries who have shown little to no loyalty to any of their past clubs when they caught a whiff of the green so who are they to point fingers?

Mancini does not seem a very good communicator and now with Tevez saying he didn't refuse to play, there seems to be more about it that we don't know (as mentioned above). I hope the witch hunt stops soon as Tevez has always been a great entertainer and Man City have only reaped what they've sown.

The way i see it is there is more chance of success with a happy squad, a squad with internal problems is going to affect the on pitch success sooner or later. I do understand the making a stand, but surely only when its going to benefit your club in the long run. There are obviously issues at City, the reaction of Dzeko last night was appalling and obviously the Tevez incident was not how any pro should act, and like Mancini says, the big players at the big clubs dont act like that. I say get rid of him asap, move on, they already have a better player in Aguero, all they are doing is aggravating a very much unneeded situation.

The thing about it all is if they do banish him to train with the kids eventually its going to blow up even worse than now.

I see what you mean, I suppose in a way City will be criticized no matter what stance they take. Tevez hasn't done himself any favors though and It'll be hard to find a team that would gamble on this guy. Has he made himself the riskiest buy in football?

Am I alone when I say that I do not have much sympathy for Mancini or Man City in this affair?

Tevez wanted to be with his family and that to me should take priority over any contract that was signed. They could have let him go but for some reason refused and now they have this on their hands. Not to mention, Man City is full of mercenaries who have shown little to no loyalty to any of their past clubs when they caught a whiff of the green so who are they to point fingers?

Mancini does not seem a very good communicator and now with Tevez saying he didn't refuse to play, there seems to be more about it that we don't know (as mentioned above). I hope the witch hunt stops soon as Tevez has always been a great entertainer and Man City have only reaped what they've sown.

We tried to sell him in the summer, we weren't going to sell him on the cheap and why should we? We named our price and nobody met it, therefore he stays. (Edit: gossip deleted) why should we start letting him leave for cheap which is exactly what he wants.

Corinthians nearly came to a deal but there were minor issues, chances are he'll go there in January.

Good spot! :) The club appear to have bent over backwards for this guy as far I'm concerned. I don't budge in the face of demands from players in FM & I hope that Man City refuse to do the same IRL.

>Goes off to start new game to wreck Tevez as Man City manager.

We bent over backwards for him when he was playing well and happy, as soon as he wanted out we stopped. He's brought his family here, not the club.

We tried to sell him in the summer, we weren't going to sell him on the cheap and why should we? We named our price and nobody met it, therefore he stays.

Completely agree, people are criticizing Mancini & Man City but how can they be responsible for his personal situation. My Boss doesn't hold my hand every time have a barney with the Missus. Why should he be any different?

I see what you mean, I suppose in a way City will be criticized no matter what stance they take. Tevez hasn't done himself any favors though and It'll be hard to find a team that would gamble on this guy. Has he made himself the riskiest buy in football?

He was already a difficult player to get rid of because of the price they were quoting and his wages, but i bet they will be able to get rid of him quite quickly. The thing is he wasnt really a problem at West Ham or United, he maybe isnt the most loyal of players but i cant think of him causing upset at those two clubs, or am i wrong with that? If Corinthians can get themselves sorted he will move there, its a perfect situation for him closer to home and somewhere he knows he can be happy.

I don't think anybody can blame city in all this, as much as we all would love to :p He would of been sold in the summer were It not due to the brazilian transfer window closing, and to turn around and refuse to play is disgraceful. Used to like him, now I think he is a tit.

Can see him leaving cheaply in January, Mancini should just hold onto him and stick him in the reserves

He was already a difficult player to get rid of because of the price they were quoting and his wages, but i bet they will be able to get rid of him quite quickly. The thing is he wasnt really a problem at West Ham or United, he maybe isnt the most loyal of players but i cant think of him causing upset at those two clubs, or am i wrong with that? If Corinthians can get themselves sorted he will move there, its a perfect situation for him closer to home and somewhere he knows he can be happy.

It's possible, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell Corinthians will match his wages. The cynical side of me wonders how much he'll miss his kids then?

It's possible, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell Corinthians will match his wages. The cynical side of me wonders how much he'll miss his kids then?

Corinthians will easily match his wages, or rather they will get a sponsor to do as much, they wouldnt have even tried to sign him in the summer if they werent confident of being able to afford him. The other thing to consider is he wants to go there, so clearly they have either told him they will match his wages, or he accepts he will make less money going there but be closer to his family. Not every footballer moves purely for money, even if that is the impression we get from disgruntled managers and press reporters.

Archived