Would be nice if...

...in the next version of FM we could get an option to become an Assistant manager thrown in there as well. W'ed set up training schedules, manage the youngsters, recommend signings, make tactical recommendations during first team matches etc etc etc. Would be interesting dont you think?

Originally posted by dada:

...in the next version of FM we could get an option to become an Assistant manager thrown in there as well. W'ed set up training schedules, manage the youngsters, recommend signings, make tactical recommendations during first team matches etc etc etc. Would be interesting dont you think?

Really?

No that would be rubbish, why be assistant when you can be manager? You can already manage youngsters, set up training schedules.

I suppose I just would like to feel as if I had an opportunity to build my resume from scratch. If I recommend things to the manager and he takes my advice (example you recommend a sub and he agrees then the player goes on to score a goal with a match rating of 8. After the match the manager/player praises you or something.) with it then bringing success to the team I feel like thats a challenge in itself. Would build reputation and then in future I could potentially be first in line when he retires or more opportunities from other teams will come my way.

Suppose I just feel like ti would be another interesting angle to the game considering all the things many of us currently delegate to our assistants.

It's Football Manager, not Football Assistant Manager, or Football First Team Coach, or Football Scout!

And it's only a game. How frustrating it would be to an Ass Man for 30 years and still not get a job as Manager! I'm all for realism, but I have no interest being an Assistant Manager.

All valid points but youre missing the part where I said its an option. Its not intended for you to be an assistant for 30 years moreso than to build your resume for a bit before landing a quality job instead of starting the game as Mr. Whoknows : new manager of FC Barcelona.

Ah many are the times I've sat around wishing I was Pat Rice or Steve Clarke, or screaming at the TV for Tord Grip to get Sven's attention back on England's miserable efforts on the pitch instead of that blond in the front row. That would really be living the dream icon_wink.gif

i remember quoting back to it yet again! lol

Ultimate Soccer Manager had that sort of option and i thought that it was really good, because it meant there wasnt as much pressure on you but you still did lotss of the stuff, e.g. training and tactics etc.

Plus its another way how you could make your way up the ladder from the bottom- sorta like what phil brown has done!

Id really like to see this option. I like how it could give you more presence in the world. Rather than just turning up out of nowhere to manage a Prem team. It's not a feature that really needs to be added, but it would be nice.

If it was added, I wouldn't use it. But I guess that's the point. It could pretty easily be made optional. Some might use it, some, like me, wouldn't.

Only problem there is that it might start some slippery slope where every new feature is expected to be optional because, let's face it, most new proposals have some people who are enthusiastic, and those would never use them if they were implemented.

Still, if the option was there to be an assistant manager, would it really be the worst thing in the world?

I think i would use it. You could start as the assistant of a big club and take the job of a smaller club easier than just starting unemployed and applying for a job. Or else you could start as a manager of a small club and apply for the job as assistant at a big club then potential become there manager.

Archived