OFFICIAL* Blog Feedback - GUI pt 1

Fantastic! It is a massive step forward to allow users the ability to change back to ways of old in the Preferences menu, and even change things like the colours. Brilliant stuff.

I play on a 42" screen (initially temporarily whilst I shopped for a new monitor after mine broke... although it's been the case for several months now!) and therefore the resolution is very high, I'd imagine I'd have the 9x9 Overview screen... genius.

Sounds like there are big strides being taken for FM12, I will probably do what I always knew I would and buy it on release day - even though I'd vowed to wait until January.

Seduced by the blogs again........

Roll on October 21st!!!

LOL. I thought that was a little condescending to the reader at first but can see now (I'll bet) someone at SI presented with these options remarked that they prefer the old way and got heckled as a luddite for it. Am almost certain this is an in joke aimed at one of the SI crew.

Cant wait for tomorrows screen fest and lookingforward to the ability to change colours in preferences. I know it would be unrealistic to change Barcelonas kit colours but if the option stretches to elieviating the red on blue clash for that colour clash I will be happy. Even if it only stretches though to attribute value colours I will get a great deal from configuring those. Never been brave enough to configure away from the game interface.

"Brighton transfer limit remaining 2 million, wage budget 16k"

I hope Jimmy Altron had been on a spending spree prior to this!! plus can't wait to see Vicente for Brighton and really hope that he's as good as he is on FM11 and that no one has dumbed him down purely because he's signed for Brighton.

Interface looks great - I play a lot in a half screened window mode (so i can flick between FM and looking like i'm working!) so will be great that the game adapts itself to my window size (if i'm understanding correctly)

Have you added things we can search for that we current can't? Such as player reputation. Sometimes I feel like signing "a big name" to keep the fans happy but have to search for this manually. Also personality traits aren't searchable in FM11 making it a bit too micromanagement for the way I like to do things.

"In the spirit of configurability, and as we’re regularly asked on our forums how to change some of the text colours in the game and in particular the colours of the attribute values, we’ve now made this easier too.

The way to do this before was by manually extracting and editing an xml file which isn’t the easiest to explain to people who just want to change a few colours. We’ve now got a simple Attribute Colours panel in the Preferences screen where you can pick your own colours for these and some of the other colours used throughout the game."

:thup:

-10characters-

Without reading too much into the screenshots, and being clairvoyant in terms of future blogs, can you explain what "Unrealistic Fee Paying Loans" and "Unrealistic Regular Loans" means?

Fee paying as it says means the loaning club pay a fee, these loans can't be terminated early.

Normal loans can be cancelled.

In both cases unrealistic means your assman doesn't think you'll get them through (he's not necessarily right)

Miles have any of the following made it into the GUI changes:

> Configurability of Player history pages (the ability to alter the columns shown a'la some other screens?

> A filter on the player and club history screens for the user to choose which competitions are included? I.e. choose to include cups in player histories or remove U18 / Reserve competitions from club histories?

> Any form of grouping on Player histories to clean them up?

Thanks

I have a question about the filtering system updates.

I've wanted the ability in FM to filter by personality types and media handling types, only the details which are revealed on the player profile screens. Will there be the possibility of searching via these categories in game?

E.g. filter all players with the personality type 'professional' and media handling type of 'evasive'

Mental characteristics of players are important when signing players because I look for mentors / tutors when signing those with experience.

In management we hear of managers wanting to bring in strong characters and mentalities. If I could filter player searches so it would save me a lot of time.

I'd much rather more blog time was spend on how the match engine has improved rather than spnding hundreds of man hours on changing the UI layout - which lets face it adds very little to the end user (dynamic filters aside)

Same here I rather hear about new features such as the actual management side of the game such as is there a new way on how you can tell your plyers to defend and what sort of runs certain plyers should make after all this is about management. The new GUI is good but it does nothing really to the game apart from look pretty.

Same here I rather hear about new features such as the actual management side of the game such as is there a new way on how you can tell your plyers to defend and what sort of runs certain plyers should make after all this is about management. The new GUI is good but it does nothing really to the game apart from look pretty.

They can't reveal everything can they? They always reveal minority of new features and majority is left for us to find out.

I'm a newbie to the game and I must admit the "back" button did bemuse me a bit at first, not taking me back to the screen I'd last seen but sometimes two or three back. I soon got used to it but the new way sounds better. Not sure I can realistically get much more data on my mid-sized monitor but look forward to trying.

Also, as new to the game, I haven't much liked the colours for the stats: dark blue v black on my screen isn't brilliant at alerting me to important numbers. I've only used search a couple of times and haven't found it too annoying but I can see how this new way is going to be better. So, thumbs up all in all.

Ok so we have a way to change attributes but is there a way to change font sizes also???

I generally spend the first week of FM release changing and tweaking the fonts to a useable readable size. I have my pc hooke up in HD to my 32inch tv. I sit on the Sofa and play my games, however with FM the text turns out that damn small I cant even see it without sitting so close even my kids would tell me off for it. Changing resolution is not an option cause then I lose all the other detail I gained from having a huge screen and HD and after tweaking several xml files I can play perfectly well. But it is mighty infuriating that something as simple as this can't be edited in game.

Re player filtering :

1) Do we still have the "famous and high reputation" thing rather than searching the whole database? (obviously I mean filters rather than direct name search) *grr*

2) Have you fixed the bug when you're managing a nation and a club that it ALWAYS defaults to showing only that nation. *grr multiple-fold*

3) In FM I have a customised squad screen (to fill my monitor as best as possible) and whilst this works for main squad screens, u18s and reserves default to the normal option. Has this been fixed so I can have all squad screens looking the same?

Re player filtering :

1) Do we still have the "famous and high reputation" thing rather than searching the whole database? (obviously I mean filters rather than direct name search) *grr*

2) Have you fixed the bug when you're managing a nation and a club that it ALWAYS defaults to showing only that nation. *grr multiple-fold*

3) In FM I have a customised squad screen (to fill my monitor as best as possible) and whilst this works for main squad screens, u18s and reserves default to the normal option. Has this been fixed so I can have all squad screens looking the same?

This would be good.

Re player filtering :

2) Have you fixed the bug when you're managing a nation and a club that it ALWAYS defaults to showing only that nation. *grr multiple-fold*[/quote/]

That I'm pretty sure isn't a bug, it's because a box is ticked that says 'only show players eligible for' whichever nation your managing, untick the box and it'll show players from multiple nations.

• 10 months later...

Archived