Why SI don't fix the conrner scoring problem in latest patch?

It seems many people experience this bugs when they start new game with 8.02 revised version.I think SI should have every reason to fix it.It is believed that this bug ruin the enjoyment of this great game.I think many can't accept a defender score more than 30 goals in one season.Though it's just a game,but why don't get it perfect so as to maintain

the realism of the game?It's always the selling point of FM series!

It seems many people experience this bugs when they start new game with 8.02 revised version.I think SI should have every reason to fix it.It is believed that this bug ruin the enjoyment of this great game.I think many can't accept a defender score more than 30 goals in one season.Though it's just a game,but why don't get it perfect so as to maintain

the realism of the game?It's always the selling point of FM series!

they might be fixing it.

in the mean time you can change your corner taking tactics so they dont score so many.

for example i have not touched my corner taking tactics and i have about 2 goal sfrom carragher, one from benayoun and about another 3 goals and thats in 45 games in total.

that seems realistic to me.

To add to what Postie said, they most certainly are in the middle of fixing it, but it's highly likely they won't release the fix for this version and are just fixing it to get it right for FM09.

Although as I said in another thread, when they have it fixed as they will be fixing lots of stuff for FM09, I don't see why they can't release a hotfix type patch for the corner bug, as they most certainly are fixing it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WoollenGreg:

To be honest guys the corners bug was not reported to SI till the last update was on its way out to everyone. I don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of the corner situation, just don't use that routine would be an appropriate thing to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunatly its because some people are never happy.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bod1035:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WoollenGreg:

To be honest guys the corners bug was not reported to SI till the last update was on its way out to everyone. I don't know why everyone is making a big deal out of the corner situation, just don't use that routine would be an appropriate thing to do. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Unfortunatly its because some people are never happy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How very right you are there bod. It's a shame that bugs appear in complicated coded games but that is something we must expect. Anyway we can talk about it all day till we're blue in the face but the fact still remains that it wasn't released in the patch.

But it doesnt just happen when you tamper with corners, mine are set to the defualt settings and yet in every game I play in there is at least one goal from a corner per game, it seems a bit unlikely that the Serie A top goalscorer at christmas would bbe Marco Materatzi- including two corner goals hatricks.

Any such bugs seem to kill the game for me...I remember the CMs were never quite the same after I found out about Diablo as you at least subconsiously knew that when losing you could simply just switch to it and more than likely come back and win. So essentially by not employing the tactic you were just trying not to win in the hope that you enthusiasm for the game would be maintained.

Hopefully SI release some sort of minor fix for it- I really can't see how coding for a foul to be given whenever someone challenges the gk could be that difficult.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phnompenhandy:

It is disappointing, tbh.

First it was impossible to score from near-posst corners, then it went to ridiculously easy to score, and defenders are racking up tons. I'm no programmer, but I'm surprised that these problems weren't picked up in testing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has been present for some time and I've no doubt it was identified during testing.

I expect the dilemma for SI has been whether to live with this else risk making changes to the match engine that affect other areas. Arguably one of the temporary fixes may have been to have a % of goals scored from corners disallowed for fouls on defenders which we have also seen and people have complained about!!

It wont be patch fixed, look out for a possible change in FM09 icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by G-Man11:

But it doesnt just happen when you tamper with corners, mine are set to the defualt settings and yet in every game I play in there is at least one goal from a corner per game, it seems a bit unlikely that the Serie A top goalscorer at christmas would bbe Marco Materatzi- including two corner goals hatricks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree- its not all the time, but at lower league level its rare not to see a goal from some kind of corner.

They must fix it as i ruins online games. You can't tell who's using this "cheat tactic" and who's not. It's not fun at all and takes away most of the enjoyment in playing against your friends.

The people using the tactic gets an unfair advantage as they always score on their corners. And if everyone is using the tactic the game gets really unrealistic when you have like five or six defenders topping the top goal scoring list.

I gave this a go with my recent Chelsea game. Terry was my strongest header and set this up to see what he could achieve, and in short, not much! Think he got a few, but nothing special, so I'm not using it now.

This topic just reminded me of a wierd thing that happened to me on FM05 or 06, not sure which one now. I was playing as Everton, and signed Bobo Balde from Celtic as cover for my defence on August transfer deadline day. Had to play him early on, and he scored a headed hatrick in his first game he played. I wasn't using any 'crack' corner routine, just something quite simple, with the DC in his position standing on the far post.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, Balde became an Everton legend that season, as the team's top scorer with 45(!) goals! I started the new season and he was never able to replicate it again, nor with any other team or player I used on that version. Good times.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

set your best header / jumper to challenge keeper, hell score every gaem, but i only used it for a while then decided its not really right to do it, im sure theres alwasy been super tacticas or little things you can do to cheat the engine, </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But this is not any kind of super advanced tactic. It's just about challanging the goalkeeper. A very easy instruction to set up...

This needs to be fixed!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

i havent noticed any AI team doing this so i guess its just something the user can do, it wont be fixed so if you can manager it dont use it, itll be like it never existed icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

But as have previously been mentioned, it totally ruins online games...

Archived