Freaking Mario freaking Ballotelli

So, I signed Ballotelli from Man City.

Half way through the season, he gets a straight red card in a game for a stupid vicious challenge. So I fine him two weeks wages, like I do with every player who does this. He thought it was unfair. We got into an argument and he began to hate me.

Eventually, he handed in a transfer request which I rejected, because he is a good player and I wanted to keep him. He was upset that I rejected his request. We got into another argument which lead me to eventually agree to place him on the transfer list and try to sell him, before his first season with me if even over.

Now, my plan was to leave him to rot in the reserves until the transfer, but injury problems has forced me to keep playing him in games. One day, I get a message saying that he was absent from training so I fined him another two weeks wages, which he again said he thought was unfair! Even though he missed training!

It also stated in the message that he feels he is being "forced out of the club."

What the hell!? He's the one who wants to leave, now he thinks hes being forced out of the club?

Interactions with players regarding this and other things need looking at really. Not enough options to say exactly what you want and it leads to stupid scenarios like this.

However, personally I think fining him for two weeks for a red is a bit harsh. Unless it was like his fifth red card in a row or something. I usually issue a warning for one or two and then if the next one is in quick succession I fine them one week and progress from there. Usually have no problems with anyone mentioning a lack of discipline and they always seem to accept the warning/fine.

He ended up hating me so much he walked away on a free transfer with no compensation leaving behind a 100k a week contract with 2 or 3 seasons left on it. I kind of like managing players like this it makes a chance to the usual boring footballers I end up managing. Despite everything he always scored against my sides biggest rivals.

Interactions with players regarding this and other things need looking at really. Not enough options to say exactly what you want and it leads to stupid scenarios like this.

However, personally I think fining him for two weeks for a red is a bit harsh. Unless it was like his fifth red card in a row or something. I usually issue a warning for one or two and then if the next one is in quick succession I fine them one week and progress from there. Usually have no problems with anyone mentioning a lack of discipline and they always seem to accept the warning/fine.

Ive always 2 week fined any straight red, it always works.

Half way through the season, he gets a straight red card in a game for a stupid vicious challenge. So I fine him two weeks wages, like I do with every player who does this. He thought it was unfair. We got into an argument and he began to hate me.

Eventually, he handed in a transfer request which I rejected, because he is a good player and I wanted to keep him. He was upset that I rejected his request. We got into another argument which lead me to eventually agree to place him on the transfer list and try to sell him, before his first season with me if even over.

Now, my plan was to leave him to rot in the reserves until the transfer, but injury problems has forced me to keep playing him in games. One day, I get a message saying that he was absent from training so I fined him another two weeks wages, which he again said he thought was unfair! Even though he missed training!

It also stated in the message that he feels he is being "forced out of the club."

What the hell!? He's the one who wants to leave, now he thinks hes being forced out of the club?

You're answer to this is - Mario Ballotelli. That is all you need to know on why and how that situation developed :p

I believe things like this will happen when you get players that think that they are more important than air & gravity and that the world revolves around them.

He may be a good player but if he were in my team after treating me like that I'd transfer him in the next window.

Bring in a youngster to replace him, even if it hurts. Put Ballotelli on a special training schedule that has absolutely no training whatsoever, put him on the youth squad so he can't even play, change his squad status to not needed, and forget about him. He will slowly rot there until you can sell him (and his stats might deteriorate as well). :)

I have him in my FC Porto save in 2015 as a backup player and he is not complaining at all, even when i put him on the transfer list for some months just to take him off the list when my other wingers got injured so i needed to play him.

Model professional in my team. He even tutors my youngsters. :)

I have him in my FC Porto save in 2015 as a backup player and he is not complaining at all, even when i put him on the transfer list for some months just to take him off the list when my other wingers got injured so i needed to play him.

Model professional in my team. He even tutors my youngsters. :)

Must be a bug.. please report it in bugs forum :D

He ended up hating me so much he walked away on a free transfer with no compensation leaving behind a 100k a week contract with 2 or 3 seasons left on it. I kind of like managing players like this it makes a chance to the usual boring footballers I end up managing. Despite everything he always scored against my sides biggest rivals.

How does this happen? I've never seen this happen in-game, leaving by mutual consent with NO compensation?!

How does this happen? I've never seen this happen in-game, leaving by mutual consent with NO compensation?!

Had it a few times. If the player is really arrogant or is desperate for first team football they sometimes when offered mutal termination accept without compensation as they're certain they'll find another club quickly.

balot.jpg

He was on 180k a week at the time not 100k, due to the match highest earner clause. He agreed to go with me paying him nothing at all not sure why as usually even poor players want a pay off.

Can't imagine why... the other players put up with you :)

I guess it depends on what type of manager you are but I usually give them a warning for their first dismissal/red card. If they do it again it's a 1 week fine, then again 2 weeks. Hardly really get players going up that high though as they seem to learn.

You can understand it though, if you had a job and did something wrong and immediately got a fine for it, you'd be a bit annoyed. You'd have hoped for a warning not to do it again.

Sometimes being so harsh isn't the best way. If you valued him as a player and knew his personality then maybe you should have treated him in a way which wouldn't have annoyed him.

He's been an angel for me though. Well on his way to becoming one of the world's top players.

balotellihistory.jpg

balotelliaward.jpg

You want some serious fun, put him on a team with Marko Arnautovic... managed to do that on my Werder Bremen save apparently the two actually like each other, but apparently drive everyone else completely bat-s**t crazy. Fun to watch tho, when they're on, they just shred people.

2 week fine for a first red is very harsh. Even for missing training I only issue a warning the first time.

Tip? Try get these kind of players to like you before you go critisising them. They will take a bullet for you if you treat them right.

The problem in this case isn't the interaction system the problem is Balotelli. There have been numerous stories on this forum of people buying only for him to kick up a storm any time he's disciplined for something.

He just deserves a delete from the entire game. End of.

Wouldn't go that far just yet. He's certainly an enigma, the way he tucked that goal away against everton without even trying and went over and hugged his manager almost bought a tear to my eye.

Even though Balotelli is a nutter, it doesn't make sense that he is upset at being forced out of the club when he asked for a transfer - he should have been delighted!

Two wrongs don't make a right - Balotelli is a nutter, but some of the player interactions are weird.

I've had this come up; presumably the logic is "I've been fined, I don't think it was because I tried to amputate that centre-back like the gaffer said, it must therefore be a plot to get rid of me!"

Have to say, one of my favourite achievements in the game remains destroying Nicolas Anelka's career in CM01/02 by sticking him in the reserves for two and a half years in the aftermath of one such hissy fit!

well its clear you are both bonkers and have hissy fits..

he got a red card... and you fine him straight away? wowwww harsh..

and with someone of his nature , of course he's going to blow up..

as always.. if you choose to sign a player like this... understand you'll need to massage his ego, and handle with kid gloves ..

just good man management really

well its clear you are both bonkers and have hissy fits..

he got a red card... and you fine him straight away? wowwww harsh..

and with someone of his nature , of course he's going to blow up..

as always.. if you choose to sign a player like this... understand you'll need to massage his ego, and handle with kid gloves ..

just good man management really

I must be evil with the way i treat my players then :D any straight red is a 2 week fine, doesnt matter if they have been with me for 10 years or 10 days.

I must be evil with the way i treat my players then :D any straight red is a 2 week fine, doesnt matter if they have been with me for 10 years or 10 days.

Do your players refer to you as the Antichrist? In my seven+ seasons with FM11 I never had to move beyond a warning when a player was sent off. All of them accepted their warnings and I never had a single player pick up more than one red in a season.

A two week fine for a first red? Wowzers.

My system works pretty well, I feel. I issue a warning for a normal red, a 1 week fine if it's violent conduct, and a 2 week fine if they miss training. Normally works a charm, and it's very rare I ever get any kind of negative reaction. However, I don't tend to manage in the higher echelons, so egos are a little different.

A straight two week fine for a first red does seem harsh, and what with Balotelli's unstable personality i'm not massively surprised by the reaction really.

How I do it is simply a warning for the first missed training/straight red/poor performance, then a week's wages if it happens again and then a further two week's wages from thereon. Obviously if they start taking the mick and they're missing training or getting dismissed every other game then it's probably best to move them on but i've not had that problem (Yet).

My system seems to work alright, to date i've had no players throwing strops (Touch wood) and my 'player discipline' stat is something like 19.

Do your players refer to you as the Antichrist? In my seven+ seasons with FM11 I never had to move beyond a warning when a player was sent off. All of them accepted their warnings and I never had a single player pick up more than one red in a season.

They always accept the 2 week fine and state they will work on whatever caused the action.

tbh ive never had a problem with him but on almost all saves ive played he gets put in city reserves and i usually pick him up ive got him on my sunderland game for 4 mill and although hes not match fit ive played him a few times and hes scoring not had to discipline him yet but if u look on the personal screen you see hes volatile and confrontational so its common sense that you will handle him carefully

Archived