Something that has impressed me greatly

So, it's FA Cup third round time. That means my annual watch the non-league sides, and see how they fare moment.

This year, Staines, Oxford, Reading, Brizzle Rovers, Ebbesfleet, and most importanly Lowestoft feature in the third round.

Having a browse through the teams, what division they are in, and how they are doing throws up a bit of an annomaly:

Click Me[/img]

That's ten Dutch players, plus a Dutch/Turkish, for a BSP club. That didn't seem right, so I set about looking at the Dutchmen and discovered that they were all free transfer in the last four years.

Then I realised why:

Click

Click

My theory is that, in the same way your Assman recommends players to you, Klaas has been recommending players to Lowestoft's manager. Further, his rep, and the profligation of Dutch in the team, combined with the fact that Dutch in-game come with basic or full English as a language spoken, means they ar more likely to come.

As a result, Lowestoft have became a big player in the BSP, and sold a couple of their players for £250k+

Serious kudos to SI.

EDIT: How do I embed images?

Ofcourse it is a well known fact that Dutch players are the best in the world. Esp at lower levels they are far better in passing, technique, intelligence and tactics because they learn that at an early age. Whilst their English contemporaries/same levelies are only good at kick and rush.

Or Huntelaar is just a biased nationalistic xenophobe, who only likes fellow countrymen. :p

More importantly how did a former Dutch international end up in Lowestoft? Rather odd career choice.

I suspect Bernie must have invested in his home town club after being booted out of QPR.

So, it's FA Cup third round time. That means my annual watch the non-league sides, and see how they fare moment.

This year, Staines, Oxford, Reading, Brizzle Rovers, Ebbesfleet, and most importanly Lowestoft feature in the third round.

Having a browse through the teams, what division they are in, and how they are doing throws up a bit of an annomaly:

Click

That's ten Dutch players, plus a Dutch/Turkish, for a BSP club. That didn't seem right, so I set about looking at the Dutchmen and discovered that they were all free transfer in the last four years.

Then I realised why:

Click

Click

My theory is that, in the same way your Assman recommends players to you, Klaas has been recommending players to Lowestoft's manager. Further, his rep, and the profligation of Dutch in the team, combined with the fact that Dutch in-game come with basic or full English as a language spoken, means they ar more likely to come.

As a result, Lowestoft have became a big player in the BSP, and sold a couple of their players for £250k+

Serious kudos to SI.

Indeed - i have been quick in the past to jump on the SI bashing bandwagon - but this reeks of cleverness!

More importantly how did a former Dutch international end up in Lowestoft? Rather odd career choice.

I suspect Bernie must have invested in his home town club after being booted out of QPR.

It sometimes happens, had a rather big name former Italy star (having said that I forget who it was, except he's pretty young and up-and-coming at the moment) at St Albans in the BSS/P, and seen other cases of fairly big name assistants low down. As for the Dutch thing, at least it makes more sense than when I saw a rival Spanish D2B side on 05 filled with Turkish players (who as non-eu couldn't play), and knew they had a compatriot manager, though otherwise I haven't seen too many instances in-game of staff nationality having that big an effect on squad nationality.

Archived