Can't move my save files. HELP!

I recently bought a new windows 7 laptop and I tried to transfer my save files from my old XP laptop.

I pasted the files into the same directory on the new laptop and in the game at the new laptop it lists my saves but for some reason they won't load. In the meanwhile, a custom database I also transfered seems to work fine, but not the saves.

And to let you guys know, the disc I installed the game on my old laptop ten months ago, isn't the same since it broke. So I installed the game on the new laptop with a new disc I bought which I have been using on my old laptop for a month with no problems.

Any ideas why the game save won't load on my new laptop? Is their a procedure I need to do differently?

I'm really upset 'cause I want to transfer the save I've been playing from December 2010 and haven't yet fulfilled my goals (promotion with Union Berlin!). I'm not even planning to buy FM 2012 until I finish me 2011 save. So it's very important for me to get this issue solved!

P.S. I posted this in the data issue thread, but didn't get any response!

did you put your saved game here:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\games

if so try copying the file again - may have been a bad copy.

i use xp so it may have a different save location. you could try starting a new game with 1 division and then save.

then see where it saves the file to and put your old save in the same place.

did you put your saved game here:

C:\Documents and Settings\username\My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2011\games

if so try copying the file again - may have been a bad copy.

i use xp so it may have a different save location. you could try starting a new game with 1 division and then save.

then see where it saves the file to and put your old save in the same place.

That's were I copied the files. I will follow your advice on the test save though. Maybe the save files on windows 7 go to a different folder.

Archived