"X" wants to move to a bigger club...

I find this to be the most frustrating conversation on the game. Not that I've a problem with the topic, that's absolutely fine and totally realistic.

However, why is there no option to say "I'll let you leave when we receive a suitable offer for the club/ when somebody activates your release clause" in the list? It's pretty much the perfect the option. Instead, you have to either say he can leave or argue with him...it gets right up my nose!

Anyway, back to Dartford...

I always choose I think the club will grow and will want help, it works 99% of the time.

I also got this conversation a few times at Peterborough after we won the Premiership, Champions league, F.A. cup, League cup and club world cup 5 years in a row. You can't get much better than us. Still I sell them as Liverpool and Man City will happily spend £35 million for players I can easily replace.

I always choose I think the club will grow and will want help, it works 99% of the time.

I use this response all the time now. Has not failed once since I became a world class manager at a succesful small club in the EPL ater starting in BSS. I usualy have to talked to a few players during both the transfer windows as big clubs keep bidding for 5-10 of my players. When this happens they usualy say they want to move to a bigger club or want more money.

Once I had a player finalised a new contract and on same day asked for a new contract as I had turned down an offer a few days prior. I told him he has still alot of years on his contract and after warning him twice of lack of profesionalism he was happy with how well the conversation went.

Archived