Your best youth player thread

Smurf

Oh that's the plan. Have Messi on his case lol. Messi is 30 now. He still has about 6 seasons left. Have Anderlecht now - so going to test him out. Fingers crossed.

Some goal ratio though! Problem is I have 4 Foreign players, and 1 on loan. Next year one of them will be a Spanish Citizen. It's a bit of a mess. Might have to loan him out for a season. Forgot about the Spanish foreign player rules.

How did you get Aguero, wouldn't sign for me at Leeds or Barca for love or money?

Anyways, nice find. He looks like he'll be fairly decent :D

He was already at the club when I joined. Had a few good players at the team actually, such as Moussa Sissoko, Mesut Ozul, Guido Marilungo(a lot better than I remembered him being!), Jonny Evans, Mata was still there, Hoilett, Ljajic, plus a few very good regens. All I really needed to sign was a few full backs and I've got a team which I hope can challenge Real and Barce.

Within around 100 seasons total starting with FM 2007 I have never had a single decent youth despiting my youth facilities have always been on top and my youth coaches have always been pretty good.

I am sure that only famous teams can output good young players, at least on 98% of cases. If it happens to bring f.i. Southampton to win the Champions Cup , well, FM considers the youth production of Southampton in the same way as it was when the Saints were on League 1.......

Pity indeed.

Within around 100 seasons total starting with FM 2007 I have never had a single decent youth despiting my youth facilities have always been on top and my youth coaches have always been pretty good.

I am sure that only famous teams can output good young players, at least on 98% of cases. If it happens to bring f.i. Southampton to win the Champions Cup , well, FM considers the youth production of Southampton in the same way as it was when the Saints were on League 1.......

Pity indeed.

Just to make sure I don't demotivate you further - I signed that guy yes. I signed most of the youth that I have nurtured into top players like Fuska there. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/275184-Behold!-The-first-possible-first-team-player-emerging-from-my-Academy...ever! Here's a thread discussing the only promising kid I have ever seen emerge from my Academy in FM.

Do Swindon and Swansea count as "famous"? Bought two of my best youths from them.

We were referring about self-production of youngsters. Team owned by human players of course.

Try to manage Swindon or Swansea and you will notice what I mean

What I like about my guy - he's 5foot 6 inches. He's the next Maradonna :D

Have to get him into the side soon though. Although Maradonna was 21/22 when he joined Barca :D I'll be also rejecting bids from Sheffield United and most definitely Napoli lol.

*and hope he's a bit more professional off the pitch too lol*

Here's my hope for the future, Cordero. I bought him at age 17, and he has just scored his first goal for spain (in his 2nd match). His passing and crossing isn't too great so I hope he'll improve on that. My staff rates him as 4.5 stars. :)

Cordero19-2.jpg

We were referring about self-production of youngsters. Team owned by human players of course.

Try to manage Swindon or Swansea and you will notice what I mean

Surely it's just random? I've never seen a decent premiership player come out of either of those teams before in all my years. I've had a top championship player or two come out of Barnet when I was in league 1 - and the higher leagues generally produce better players, which makes sense, though I haven't noticed anything odd about lower teams that become bigger.

Are all those players part of your own clubs' Youth Intake?!

How do you do that?!

The best youngsters in my Barça U18 squad are players I signed from other clubs, as in 6 seasons there (plus 4 at Chelsea) I still haven't got a single youngster who's even remotely comparable to the wonderkids I've seen in this topic and in similar ones...

It can't just be bad luck if out of around 100 academy products I haven't yet found a new talent! The best ones are BARELY good enough to be backups...

Are all those players part of your own clubs' Youth Intake?!

How do you do that?!

The best youngsters in my Barça U18 squad are players I signed from other clubs, as in 6 seasons there (plus 4 at Chelsea) I still haven't got a single youngster who's even remotely comparable to the wonderkids I've seen in this topic and in similar ones...

It can't just be bad luck if out of around 100 academy products I haven't yet found a new talent! The best ones are BARELY good enough to be backups...

I have only had one decent prospect come out of my Las Palmas academy in 10 seasons! The rest I have signed, including Fuska.

The odds of getting a wonderkid through your academy is very small. Let's say 5000 new players are generated every year worldwide and one of them is normally a "superwonderkid" - that is, a 190+ PA with the right hidden mentals. Even with the best possible youth network and academy, you get 5-10 kids every new season, so 1 or 2/1000 chance to get that one superwonderkid then.

Archived