Have you ever bought a mediocre or even crap player for a big club because....

he plays for for favourite club and/or is your favourite player?

For example ive bought Krystian Pearce for Juventus for Super Notts County and he his shooting up on stats and playing a blinder every match :)

I used to sign Michele Di Piedi all the time, for anybody, because even though every football manager he's played for, even in the lower Norwegian leagues, has rejected him.

I remain convinced he is a footballing god. Just because I saw him score two wonder goals for Sheffield Wednesday against Grimsby and Norwich :D

I still buy Litmanen when I'm playing lesser clubs, and he can be a great asset.

Hope he'll still be decent in FM2012. He scored a very nice volley just this week. :)

Ha i was gonna post about him myself. I always buy Litmanen whoever I am. Nostalgia. Last years game he was the king in my forest save, more or less single handedly got us promoted with 15 goals from midfield and countless assists. I just bought him in my latest mess about game waiting for fm12 to come out. Playing at Swansea and I still give him games. Legend.

Ha i was gonna post about him myself. I always buy Litmanen whoever I am. Nostalgia. Last years game he was the king in my forest save, more or less single handedly got us promoted with 15 goals from midfield and countless assists. I just bought him in my latest mess about game waiting for fm12 to come out. Playing at Swansea and I still give him games. Legend.

As an ajax fan he's one of my most favourite players of all time. Just after Cruijff and Bergkamp. He had such amazing skill and vision, and he has a very good personality. Too bad he didn't do too well at Liverpool and Barca, and only excelled at Ajax. Than more people would love him.

Well, it depends on how you look at it, I usually edit a lot in the editor, so my favorite player become superstars (because they are my favorite players for a reason, I think they are good, so I want them to be good in the game also), then i usually try to buy them.

I have a habit of signing ex-United players for no particular reason, when they're patently not good enough for the first team.

Took Michael Carrick to Arbroath, John O'Shea to Celtic, and Wayne Rooney to Southampton. I think each of them played 1 game for my respective clubs. Rooney in particular was absolutely terrible.

I have Rooney, 37, on a five-year contract, and will be attempting to make him play until he's 60. I've made him club captain, and would make him England captain if he didn't refuse :p

I don't really sign any specific player whenever I do a save.... however I sell a player I like but don't have any space for in my first 11, and he becomes available on a free again a few years down the line, I usually can't resist the urge to bring them back :D

In my current save I bought a regen D/RC for £13m but due to having a very good and mostly injury-free back four he never really got any games. He was still a very good player but was only playing a few matches a season, along with a few sub appearances. Let him go at the end of his contract and he went to Bayern on a free, did really well for them, but they only signed him to a 1 year deal. I'd just sold two of my back four as they kept whining about needing a new challenge, so I managed to sign the regen back on a free and for the last 2 seasons he's played in my first-team almost non-stop :) he's 32 now so will be coming to the end of his use soon, but it was nice to be able to use him in the end :D

When i Play as Man United, as my 3rd backup keeper each season i pick a free agent well known old player no where near the quality to play for United like Hanenman, Turner, anyone that is free, and i make sure i give them 1 league game in there 1 season contract, its almost like a story they could tell there grand kids about, i actually played a game for Man United ya know Junior!

20wisner2.png

Don't have a screen shot of his attributes but I signed this lad for Real Madrid and he was nowhere near good enough. Had decent pace and finishing attributes. Worth noting that after I joined Wellington I signed him for every team he ever played for apart from Murcia then he became my assistant manager. Surely the only player to ever win champions league trophies in Europe, Asia, North America and the Libertadores.

he plays for for favourite club and/or is your favourite player?

For example ive bought Krystian Pearce for Juventus for Super Notts County and he his shooting up on stats and playing a blinder every match :)

super "notts" county you stole that off me!! coyp!!!

i often sign litmanen. at napoli he was a backup and scored some good goals in the cup matches. managed to sign him for chesterield also. he did so well that some big clubs came in for him and think he went off to milan or somewhere

I always sign faroese players because I'm from Faroe Islands :)

Suni Olsen and Hans Pauli Samuelsen are always good signings. Tbh none have ever made it to the first team when I have a huge club :D

But once with Real Madrid I got a faroese players up to my youth squad which certainly had the talent, but didnt progress very well so I sold him, but he became a regular for Valencia ;) - probably the best player from scandinavia in the game

40-0? ive never lost by this amount even when trying to lose on purpose controlling both teams, the keeper set to mark and outfield player and long shots often.

Roockie :D

It's pretty simple. Sign just Central defenders, put all the players in the atack and put a foward for goalkeeper.

Archived