Why?

Krald

Okay, I have this 22 year old I want to loan out, he's an England International, 4 caps so far, and will have more in the future, but he doesn't factor into my plans this season (but he will in the next), I want to loan him out, but, absolutely no one wants him, I rejected one "use as cover" deal because I wanted him to get lots of first team football, and offered him out for absolutely free, no wage, nothing, and not a single team wants him?

He's a left full-back that would waltz into most teams in the premier league, yet no one wants him? I dont understand, is there something I'm missing? or is this just a bug?

Its a bug. I have seen many similar issues, you cant even give some players away.

I'm not sure what it is the AI looks for in a player, but its completly different to what you expect a real person would do.

I signed him when he was 16 or 17, for £11m, so obviously he wasnt a first-team player, he appeared 17 times for me last season (3 of which were as a sub), while I had another left back out on loan, that left back has returned, and is really too old to benefit from loaning (he's 24) so he's staying, I thought at 22 sending out this Callum McKenna fellah for some first team football would be perfect. Also, the season before last he got 12 appearances for everton, and 9 for me, 16 the season before that.

All in all, he has featured for me for a while, and my reputation is similar to Real Madrid/Barca are in real life right now. He's playing a bit-part for one of the biggest sides in the world and he's only 22. So I'm puzzled a bit.

I could send him to Leeds in the championship, but championship football isn't likely to teach him much, he's far too good for that level. There are only probably four clubs in the EPL that wouldnt choose him as a first-choice left back.

Try setting his squad status to rotation and ticking the 'available for loan' button. Some players just seem easier to loan out than others. I have players I get loan offers for every season without asking, while i can't give others away for free.

I agree this is a bit of a problem, loaning out players that would do pretty well in the league but are not quite going to be in your squad regularly.

In real life newly promoted/mid table sides would gladly use the player for a year but this doesn't seem to be the case in fm.

I signed him when he was 16 or 17, for £11m, so obviously he wasnt a first-team player, he appeared 17 times for me last season (3 of which were as a sub), while I had another left back out on loan, that left back has returned, and is really too old to benefit from loaning (he's 24) so he's staying, I thought at 22 sending out this Callum McKenna fellah for some first team football would be perfect. Also, the season before last he got 12 appearances for everton, and 9 for me, 16 the season before that.

All in all, he has featured for me for a while, and my reputation is similar to Real Madrid/Barca are in real life right now. He's playing a bit-part for one of the biggest sides in the world and he's only 22. So I'm puzzled a bit.

I could send him to Leeds in the championship, but championship football isn't likely to teach him much, he's far too good for that level. There are only probably four clubs in the EPL that wouldnt choose him as a first-choice left back.

You've pretty much just explained why he won't go out on loan. His fee of £11m for a 16/17 year old is absurd. He's going to want to be playing first team football for you at that age because of the fee. Also, what is his squad thing set at. If it's first team or key, he won't want to go out on loan. Even if it's rotation he won't really want to go out on loan.

Archived