Why are some mangers on this gane so stupid?

I am currently managing Arsenal and using Fabianski and Szczesny as my two goalkeepers. Szczesny is my first choice gk with Fabianski being back up.

Since I have started playing the game, I have used Szczesny in 45 league games and Fabianski in only 2. In total I have used Szczesny in 68 games and Fabianski in 6.

Szczesny has been in very good form for me and keeps many clean sheets.

So why is it that Fabianski constantly gets chosen over Szczesny to play for the Polish national team? Szczesny is always in good form and plays much much more games then Fabianski. It just doesnt make sense.

Good question. I asked that question not too long ago...

I faced AC Milan in CL quarter finals. They went with 3-5-2 with Ignazio Abate as MR and... I honestly laughed out loud when I saw this: Robinho as ML. In the defensive phase of their play, Robinho known for his defensive capabilities and work rate would be responsible for dealing with Messi + Dani Alves.

Well, I went a couple goals ahead in the first half, Robinho had struggled and had a very poor rating. Allegri decided to sub him out. "Nicely done" you might think. Not really! He brought on Antonio Cassano and continued with the same mind-boggling 3-5-2.

For the second leg, Allegri surely would be wiser? Not really, same formation, Robinho starting and Cassano subbing for him on HT.

Archived