how long do you have to wait before you can build another stadium? Fm11

Golaxi

as the title says how long do you have to wait before you can build another stadium? I am now almost in 2034 and the last one was built in 2030. The expansion capacity is now maxed out and i am winning loads of top trophys every year. When will i at least be able to ask for a new one again? Whats the shortest time someone has built a new stadium again?

I tried using the search feature but it doesnt seem to work on my phone

You may have already reached the maximum size that your supporter base can fill on a regular basis, all you can do is just keep winning games & making money.

Does FM restrict the size of supporters that would attened a game based only on the population of their region? Does it take into account its reputation globally?

Supporter base defined by population of the clubs region should only factor when the clubs rep is low. A team with a good national rep would be able to attract supporters from other regions. In the county where I live there are no major English clubs with Gillingham in league 2 being the biggest. So most people Ive ever known support either London clubs or Man U, Liverpool and Everton. This is unless theyve migrated from another area of the UK and support a team in that region. Also the succesfully globally known clubs attract supporters from Europe and even further affield to the grounds on match days.

Agreed which I why I closed my statement by saying that all he can do is keep being successful, gaining an expanded supporter base either nationally or globally (remember most global fans will never go near the ground) should take years & maybe even a couple decades.

Also if the club is making money with the current facilities they might not see any need to expand further.

20 years is too short IMO, how often does it happen IRL?

How often does nobody-teams like Kettleblubber Rovers (or whatever) from Division 20 become Premier League champions in 20 years?

Clubs in RL normally stay where they are, give or take half a division. Human controlled teams in FM normally rise like someone strapped a rocket onto them. For instance, Las Palmas built their 30 000 stadium in 2003. By 2015 I had it built to its maximum at 40 000. It was filled to the brim by 2017, and by 2019 there were 15000 fans waiting "outside the gates" not getting a ticket. I changed the stadium build date to 1993 in 2020 and the board promptly built a 55000 stadium named after me which was finished in 2021. It is filled to the brim still. I reckon I could build it out to 75000 maximum and this should be in place in a couple of years.

It will then be until 2041 before I can build a new stadium no matter how many fans are not getting in - that is an arbitrary number that will suit the AI well but not us, because the AI is awful. The build date of any stadium is irrelevant in both FM and real life. What matters is the revenue it creates and the losses caused by lacking capacity compared to the cost of building a new one. If building a new stadium 5 years after the last was built would be profitable for everyone, there would be no reason to say to the board, the fans and everyone involved "nah you already got a new stadium, you won't get a new one again in 15 more years". That would be foolish.

Apart from me changing the build date, what is wrong with my new stadium being built in 2020-21 and not 23-24 when the need was clearly there? Is it unrealistic?

How often does nobody-teams like Kettleblubber Rovers (or whatever) from Division 20 become Premier League champions in 20 years?

Clubs in RL normally stay where they are, give or take half a division. Human controlled teams in FM normally rise like someone strapped a rocket onto them. For instance, Las Palmas built their 30 000 stadium in 2003. By 2015 I had it built to its maximum at 40 000. It was filled to the brim by 2017, and by 2019 there were 15000 fans waiting "outside the gates" not getting a ticket. I changed the stadium build date to 1993 in 2020 and the board promptly built a 55000 stadium named after me which was finished in 2021. It is filled to the brim still. I reckon I could build it out to 75000 maximum and this should be in place in a couple of years.

It will then be until 2041 before I can build a new stadium no matter how many fans are not getting in - that is an arbitrary number that will suit the AI well but not us, because the AI is awful. The build date of any stadium is irrelevant in both FM and real life. What matters is the revenue it creates and the losses caused by lacking capacity compared to the cost of building a new one. If building a new stadium 5 years after the last was built would be profitable for everyone, there would be no reason to say to the board, the fans and everyone involved "nah you already got a new stadium, you won't get a new one again in 15 more years". That would be foolish.

Apart from me changing the build date, what is wrong with my new stadium being built in 2020-21 and not 23-24 when the need was clearly there? Is it unrealistic?

The first new stadium should be built with some kind of allowance for future enlarging, if your club continues to grow. Stadiums are expensive, and there should be more intelligent long-term planning in the game.

I had a new stadium named after me in 2020, I fill it every time, so should I expect another in 2040? And will the new one also be named after me? I hope it is.

That's already in. Which is why Arsenal has the highest ticket prices in the game - there are queues in front of the ticket office there too.

Don't think it is. If So after 10 Champions league victories with Manchester City My Season ticket prices are £4xx haven't gone up since the game started.

Don't think it is. If So after 10 Champions league victories with Manchester City My Season ticket prices are £4xx haven't gone up since the game started.

Well, have you reached your maximum amount of season tickets being sold every year? It is only after that it should begin to rise. In my Las Palmas game, the ticket prices are roughly twice of those I started with.

Well, have you reached your maximum amount of season tickets being sold every year? It is only after that it should begin to rise. In my Las Palmas game, the ticket prices are roughly twice of those I started with.

Apologies I stand corrected.

I just started a new game and checked the prices

1/7/2010

Average ticket price - 31.00

average season ticket price 365

number of season ticket holders - 36000

11/7/2023

Average ticket price - 33.50

average season ticket price - 444

number of season ticket holders - 45580

Growth abit slower than i'd hoped.

If your board sees fit to. 20 years is the minimum waiting time; every club obviously won't build new following this exact interval. :)

Oh dear don't get me worried about the idiotic board!

Spurs and City have already had new stadiums, along with a few other teams, and I'm pretty sure OT is bigger. Really need to expand.

RE Ticket prices you'll notice them go up more from lower league teams advancing, but I don't think it's a particularly significant amount.

Apologies I stand corrected.

I just started a new game and checked the prices

1/7/2010

Average ticket price - 31.00

average season ticket price 365

number of season ticket holders - 36000

11/7/2023

Average ticket price - 33.50

average season ticket price - 444

number of season ticket holders - 45580

Growth abit slower than i'd hoped.

What's the capacity? 60 000? 45580 doesn't seem like a maximum number (they are usually "rounder" than that), so I think it will still have to grow a bit before the board gets desperate enough to build a new stadium.

What's the capacity? 60 000? 45580 doesn't seem like a maximum number (they are usually "rounder" than that), so I think it will still have to grow a bit before the board gets desperate enough to build a new stadium.

Capacity currently stands at 60k luckily the board announced a new stadium which i'll be moving into in a years time which will hold 78500. I'm not quite understanding the mechanics involved in terms of the pricing. And even with a new stadium i doubt the low ticket prices will increase as a result of this. If they do i'll be over the moon it's the one thing holding me back i'm sick of losing money year on year.

Capacity currently stands at 60k luckily the board announced a new stadium which i'll be moving into in a years time which will hold 78500. I'm not quite understanding the mechanics involved in terms of the pricing. And even with a new stadium i doubt the low ticket prices will increase as a result of this. If they do i'll be over the moon it's the one thing holding me back i'm sick of losing money year on year.

How did you manage to finance a new stadium without money? That would be a loan financed stadium, probably 500 millions or more. Paying that back will probably drain most of the increased revenue. The problem in Premier League is the Non-Football Costs, which is 10 times higher than in any other country. It makes it almost impossible to run with a profit in that league, even if you trim the wage budget down to just a million pounds a week, you are likely to lose money every month.

The way I see it, ticket prices are supposed to be controlled by demand, so it will increase as long as the maxiumum allowed season ticket sales figure has been reached and the stadium is full every match while the supporter base is still increasing (shown by the maximum attendance in the editor - it is a hidden stat). The board seemingly build a stadium with a capacity equal to that maximum attendance, so it is at 78500 for you now (55000 for me). I think that my former stadium (40000) had a max season ticket limit at 30 000 iirc, 75% of the capacity. Speculating here, I would say that when season ticket sales reach 75% of 78500 and the remaining 25% is sold out every match, the ticket prices will start to increase.

How did you manage to finance a new stadium without money? That would be a loan financed stadium, probably 500 millions or more. Paying that back will probably drain most of the increased revenue. The problem in Premier League is the Non-Football Costs, which is 10 times higher than in any other country. It makes it almost impossible to run with a profit in that league, even if you trim the wage budget down to just a million pounds a week, you are likely to lose money every month.

The way I see it, ticket prices are supposed to be controlled by demand, so it will increase as long as the maxiumum allowed season ticket sales figure has been reached and the stadium is full every match while the supporter base is still increasing (shown by the maximum attendance in the editor - it is a hidden stat). The board seemingly build a stadium with a capacity equal to that maximum attendance, so it is at 78500 for you now (55000 for me). I think that my former stadium (40000) had a max season ticket limit at 30 000 iirc, 75% of the capacity. Speculating here, I would say that when season ticket sales reach 75% of 78500 and the remaining 25% is sold out every match, the ticket prices will start to increase.

Well first of all I'm Man City so thats apart of it, in terms of stadium financing it was paid for in 2 ways:-

1 selling the old ground for 200million

2 naming rights

this covered the construction cost which were circa 300mill

20 years is too short IMO, how often does it happen IRL?

My stadium was sold out the last 5 years, so I'd argue it's not too short.

But unlike some people here seem to think, you don't get a new stadium every 20 years. Only when you need one (and it's been 20 years since the last one).

Archived