do the chairmen ever....

take out a loan for stadium to be built or even expanded......

i ask because we sell out the 3000 seater stadium EVERY home game now and my Drolysden team are top of league one. although my bank balance is £1m in the red, i find it silly, because when they where putting 2500 seats into my stadium, we had to use boundry park (oldhams) which is 10,000, and we where selling 8,000 tickets a game which made us rich for a season or two

They do indeed, not sure on the current frequency or what financial factors are taken into account, do be careful what you wish for though. Going back to my FM07 save the Braintree board took out a loan to build me a new stadium when I reached league 3, they then went on to take out a further 2 loans to expand the new ground only to demolish it 4 years later for another new ground.

Unsurprisingly the club went bust not long afterwards.

In my Farnborough save the board both expanded my ground by 1800 and then agreed to build a new ground in my fifth season. It's just a case of keep asking, I'd suggest.

However, you have more chance of them agreeing if there's plenty of cash in the pot. (I had £3m)

My Aston Villa chairman took out a 37 Million pound loan near the end of a season to expand the stadium by 16000 seats.

A week later the TV money from the Champions League came in to the tune of 20 million, plus premiership prize money of 10 Mill+

Thanks for the 200k a month debt repayments Mr. Chairman. Think that one through much did you?

Certainly do; IIRC, my 14740 capacity stadium cost just over £20M, split £5.4M naming rights, £4M local authority contribution, £1M sale of existing ground and £10M loan (which my board refuse to just pay off despite my having £80M cash in the bank at the moment!)

• 2 weeks later...
My Aston Villa chairman took out a 37 Million pound loan near the end of a season to expand the stadium by 16000 seats.

A week later the TV money from the Champions League came in to the tune of 20 million, plus premiership prize money of 10 Mill+

Thanks for the 200k a month debt repayments Mr. Chairman. Think that one through much did you?

Actually, I think he did. It would be easier for him to get a loan to expand the stadium than it would to get a loan to give you money for players. If you do well enough in the champions League then the prize money per game in the group stages alone nearly pays off an entire months repayments on that loan.

Archived