Need a little advice on which version to get

Xasdf

I played the 2006 version, and when I saw 2011 version with the 3d match engine, I told myself I will wait for a sale, and then get it. Well, now it's on a $10 sale at Steam for the weekend, and while looking into it, I see could instead get 2012 for $28. I am a noob at soccer. Don't even know all the position names, and definitely no knowledge on tactics. I just like sports simulation games where you can take over a team. I do like watching soccer. Well, I guess you can tell I am in the U.S. by the use of soccer lol. Anyway, don't get much of a chance to watch it over here in my area.

So is the 2012 version (with its updated tutorial and upgrade ME) worth the wait and the extra money? When I compared the ME between the two in videos, I couldn't tell much of a difference visually, but it's hard to detect on those youtube videos even with 1080p.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Edit to add:

Made decision and got 2012. So feel free to chime in and tell me I made the wrong choice if you like :p

Well, FMs not really been about the graphics. So I dont really think visually is important

It probably wont be too different, its up to you wether you are happy to wait 3 or so months or want to play now.

Well, FMs not really been about the graphics. So I dont really think visually is important

It probably wont be too different, its up to you wether you are happy to wait 3 or so months or want to play now.

I thought 2012 was due to release in Oct? I assume you meant weeks and not months. An extra 3 weeks does not bother me. Trying to get a feel for if the versions are really all that different. I have read some mixed posts on the topic.

Is it october this year? I didnt know. Its usually near december. I wait till the 3rd patch now anyway, (iron out all the bugs) which is usually around febuary or march.

Edit. I just looked it up, it is normally released about the end of october, mid november. I always thought it was around early december time.

if you have very little knowlage of football FM12 will prob be more accesable purely because of the new tutorial, but its going to be very difficult for you either way. I would suggest a very good read of the tactics forum on here before you decide anything, also watching a few games of football may help a bit! hahaha.

Archived