Your favourite managerial appointments

Ackter

So who have you seen get managerial posts in your game, that you wouldn't expect? Who do you have a soft spot for and are glad to see them do well? Who do you dislike and are glad to see them fail? Or, who do you think is funny?

My two favourites would be Cesc Fabregas taking over at Arsenal and promptly getting them relegated, and Djibril Cisse taking over at Doncaster and not only taking them to the Premier League, but also to the League Cup final.

So who have you seen get managerial posts in your game, that you wouldn't expect? Who do you have a soft spot for and are glad to see them do well? Who do you dislike and are glad to see them fail? Or, who do you think is funny?

My two favourites would be Cesc Fabregas taking over at Arsenal and promptly getting them relegated, and Djibril Cisse taking over at Doncaster and not only taking them to the Premier League, but also to the League Cup final.

That is awesome haha.

Funniest I have seen was Sam Allardyce given the Arsenal job.

Wilson Palacios went on to be the second most successful manager of all time on my save winning the Champions League 4 times with At. Madrid along with 5 league titles. He also won the league and Champions League with Spurs. After he left At. Madrid for the next 50 seasons they finished 3rd once in Palacios's time there in 10 years they never finished lower than 3rd.

Sneaky tycoon took over Blackburn and somehow in 2020 managed to lure Pep from Barcelona to Blackburn they allowed him to spend £50 million in the first window and then pulled all funding within a season and a half Pep was sacked for under achieving but then landed the Spain job.

neil yadolhai or however you spell it....signed him for my non league bottom of the league side....we went to the premiership together as my captain for 20 years....then became a coach, assiasstant manager....then got offered the job at leicester.... as i bought a striker for £5m .... he then used that and achieved promotion .... went to cardiff, got them promoted first season, then managed West ham to a champions league spot next thing i know, im playing against him as the AC.Milan manager champions league final....and more recently taken up the wales job

i somehow feel responsible for his success after learning from me

Gary sMegson getting world no1 ranked England job in 2018 after Ancelotti's reign and helping England to no7 in 2020. I am the World Class English manage in the game and he sMegson got it over me. He has some of the worse managerial stats in the game. I was hoping he would get sacked or resign/retire after getting knocked out early at Euros, gotta now hope England fail at 2022 World Cup. Though he will be 63 by then so maybe he will retire.

The only reason I think he got it over me was because Ive been in trouble with the FA a few times over referees. But I doubt FM has this factor in game when choosing managers.

End of my 2023/24 season has been fun;

Chelsea sacked Steve Kean(!) after he lead them to an impressive (for him) 11th-place finish and replaced him with Gianfranco Zola ahead of fellow legend Frank Lampard (who had just got Watford relegated from the Championship) and Dan Petrescu (whose SPL title in his first season at Celtic wasn't much of an achievement given they'd won the nine before that)...

Arsenal "legend" Javier Aguirre retired after following up Arsene Wenger's run of three straight titles 2012-14 with a very creditable no titles for a decade, to be replaced by his own chief scout, one M. Keown (who then decided to poach my flaming assistant manager, a certain S. Gerrard...)

Among the other former players bumming around, Michael Owen left Fulham after a good run of stability to help Birmingham prove that actually, they were exactly good enough to go down... Morten Gamst Pedersen led West Brom into Europe (though that was partly my fault for blowing a 1-0 half-time lead in the League Cup final... oh, and Xabi Alonso took Liverpool to another Premiership title after his nemesis Alex McLeish (three straight with Man City 2021-23) retired...

gotta say.. sergio ramos is looking good for a 60 year old there... damn those spanish complexions :p

heskey taking over derby and taking them back up from league one to a stable championship side was always a highlight for me... love that guy

ruud van nistelrooy taking over leicester and getting them relegated TWICE before being given the liverpool chair as a reward lol

Archived