Can't. Stop. Signing. Argentinians...

Ackter

Anyone else have this problem?

Regardless of my initial intentions with youth development, by the 10 season mark my Newcastle side is full of Argies. For example, my first team currently has 6 Argies, and there's 11 more out on loan to bypass the work permit rules.

Thinking of starting up Argentinians Anonymous or something...

Or, to make the thread more general, do you find yourself looking to certain countries more than others in your games?

The good mental stats of the Argies is what I find tempting. In my Napoli thread you can see I've bought these creatures exclusively, together with Italians. End result was demolishing Barca 3-0 in the CL final. Argies and Italians go together like ramma lamma lamma ka dinga da dinga dong.

No, well kinda i try and buy english if they are available but otherwise, i buy the best players available i dont realy care what nationality bar maybe african because of the cup of nations (?) thats every two years and annoying too lose them to it

My Truro City EPL side has 15 Brazilians players, I sold one in January and I'm about to buy one when the window opens again. I avoid Argentinians when I can, because they beat my Brazil side in the world cup final and I've hated them ever since.

So, 15 brazilian players and 1 first-team-ish English player in an english premier league side :p.

What can I say? they have all the quality.

I can't stop signing African players. I have players from Senegal, Mali, Kenya, Cameroon, Egypt, Zimbabwe...I thought of signing a couple more Africans but we get burned every couple years by the African Cup of Nations so decided against it. I'm basically hoping the powerhouse African nations don't qualify for the tournament so I can keep my players for the whole season. :D

It's bizarre, when I managed Rangers, there were literally hundreds of Brazilian and Argentinians interested in signing, seems very unrealistic given only a handful have ever played in Scotland. I ended up with a squad full of them, seemed too easy to gain work permits on appeal.

That work permit on appeal does seem a bit of a flaw. I've not yet had one turned down on appeal. Admittedly I do scout the player beforehand and trust my scout when they say 'no chance of work permit'.

For some reason I keep ending up with Swiss players whenever I'm managing a club with any money.

In my last Sunderland save I had 14 Swiss guys in my squad at the start of the 5th season, with 8 of them starting in almost every match! I was also manager of Switzerland at that point and my 1st XI was made up entirely of players from my club, except when we had pointless friendlies during the season when I would obviously leave all of my players out so I had a full strength club side still.

It's bizarre, when I managed Rangers, there were literally hundreds of Brazilian and Argentinians interested in signing, seems very unrealistic given only a handful have ever played in Scotland. I ended up with a squad full of them, seemed too easy to gain work permits on appeal.

Well in reality it is very rare for UK work permits to be rejected outright, so getting most of them through on appeal isn't that surprising.

I seem to have a good spread of nationalities, five seasons into my current save with Granada CF.

The main thing that puts me off many South American players, is that the best ones seem to come through aged 15 or 16. This means I'll have to wait 2-3 years for them to join my club. I prefer to concentrate on signing European players, so that I can get them to my club sooner, thus being able to mould their attributes better. By the time they're 18, they're usually pushing for the first team, whereas the South Americans would still require a year or two before I can shape them to fit my team.

My longest save ever was with a team called Praiense (unknown portuguese team) and it was full of players from Kenya and Ghana. Eventually, these players made my crappy team a CL winner (in like 2030 or something). I would buy them really young for free or for a very small price and then turned them into fantastic players.

My Chelsea side after 10 seasons consists of:

1. Argentinian

4. English 5. Argentinian

2. Argentinian 3. Brazilian

7. Brazilian 6. Brazilian 11. Brazilian

8. Brazilian 10. Brazilian 9. Brazilian(/Argentinian)

It's safe to say my tema is fairly Latin-based. The reason: the only players I can find with better future potential come from Brazil or Argentina. There are a few English and Germans every none and them, but my games regens are dominated by Argentina and Brazil.

Hehe always an interesting choice wether to go down the argentine or brazilian route. I try to keep at least 6 of my first 11 from the nation I play in.

Always end up with a large amount of scottish players with any english club I manage.

Since I play in the lower leagues in England, I tend to not have access to that many south americans, but I have in L2 managed to get my hands on some .. and some spaniards. But mostly I love to sign players from small nations, like Faroe Islands, Comoros, Reunion, Cape Verde, Guyana etc. :) ...

If I ever get up into PRL, those probably won't be good enough anymore, but it is great fun at lower level. Only problem is my team tends to take a big hit on International days, and there are not always a break in the lower leagues at those times :)

Don't sign for me Argentinians,

The truth is I'll never fit you,

All through the summer,

Those crazy days now,

I kept on signing,

but your on loan now!

But back on topic, I do end up with more Brazilians than I should. I am partial to an Argentinian too, but overall I keep quite a good balance in my squads. I never end up with too many players from any country in particular.

It's Mexico all the the way for me on FM11. Some of the regens bouncing out of there on my game are the nuts.

Mexican regens in my current save are absolutely insane. I've just checked some stats with Genie Scout. At the start of the game there were 35 Mexicans with a PA over 150. Now, in 2020, there are 241! :eek:

I had a similar thing with Brazilians recently, however there was reason behind it. As my Ipswich side became an established Premier League club, and were pushing for the top half, we couldn't get the really quality players from Europe, but could get excellent youngsters from Brazil, who had the quality but a lower rep, so got a bunch of them (about 5-6) and shortly raised that to consistently being around 8-9 for years. There was a particularly good crop of them as well so it was simply a case of a few things coming together to make 'young players from Brazil' far more of a clear cut 'best things to get' than you'd usually get from any group of age/nationality usually. That was without Brazil running as well, which I will do for FM12 for the first time in years, and while I don't remember how much I was buying them back then, I remember just how much they had a strong presence across so many other clubs, and a friend agreed that strong Brazilians and Spanish were far too numerous recently, so I'll probably end up with a strong South American presence.

For me it's Brazilian defenders/defending midfielders and Russian strikers. I always try to keep a few players from the nation I am playing in in my first 18 though, this was easy at Benfica but more difficult at Citeh.

I seem to keep signing South Americans on my Valencia save, 2 Brazilians and 2 Argies in the last two windows. Doesnt sound alot but I dont do much transfer activity to be honest. I cannot sign another one for like two years because this. Still might try to sign a 15 year old from Cruzeiro though...

In my long save 34 of my 43 players are Africans. I tend to buy them at 18 and they get citizenship after 3 years so no worries :)

It probably has something to do with your starting settings, but that was so long ago I don't remember if I loaded all players from Africa.

I'm another who plays in the lower leagues, but for me it tends to be African players I sign. That's probably because I always send a scout to France straight away, and there are plenty of Africans within the French leagues available who are loads better than the British players, but the ratio seems a little out...

Having said that, in my first ever non-league save I did have a pair of Argentine strikers ripping the Blue Square South and BSP to pieces!

Archived