Offers For Your Staff

Blidly

I'am getting offers for my staff from other teams which are mid table (10th) and relegation candidatates (15th) , im 2nd and its just annoying to keep my best staff from going to those teams which are worse then me i have to pay stupid salaries x2 what they are on and signed 8 months ago....

Yeah it dose seem a bit hit and miss at the moment

just annoying , im trying to reduce wages to reduce expenditure and then i have to increase their wages ( admitly after 1.5 seasons i have reduced wages from 1.4/5 mil a week to 950k a week )

If it's your youth coaches who are being poached you might want to promote them to coach/first team coach/assistant. When you start winning trophies (I'm assuming you have not won any major trophies of note) there's also a fair chance that some of your staff will develop a friendship with you that will see them resist any overtures from other clubs.

Well im playing as Man Utd , and one was a youth coach who is amazing , i just think if you had the chance Man Utd or Reading, OR Wigan. I mean i know who i would choose :D

yeah that's what i mean by hit and miss :)

If it's your youth coaches who are being poached you might want to promote them to coach/first team coach/assistant. When you start winning trophies (I'm assuming you have not won any major trophies of note) there's also a fair chance that some of your staff will develop a friendship with you that will see them resist any overtures from other clubs.

Thanks for the advice would use on youth but his working with youngsters is 20 , might promote other though cheers

I just wish they would make offers like that show more clearly, perhaps another colour of the newsmessage or something like that, same when someone offers a contract to one of my players when I don't have to accept or reject.

Yeah I think it's broke.

I've had loads of offers for my staff in the same week, from much lower clubs and I've had to bump up there salaries, but the really annoying part is that the next week a different club comes in for the same staff member who has just signed a lucrative contract and if you don't offer him yet another contract, he will leave. I've also had multiple clubs all decide that they want the same staff member, at the same time, for no apparent reason (I think I had 6 or 7 clubs come in for my scout at the same time). I've also had staff members leave almost instantly, without any prior warning or any chance to do anything about it. The offer comes in and on the same day they leave to go to a much lower rep club.

Yeh it's pretty broken. At the moment they're signing new contracts every year just so I can keep my staff. Won plenty of trophies, it doesn't stop the AI trying to poach them - Yet if I try to poach another teams coach it often says "not interested". Surely mine should be the same by now? We've worked together a long time I doubt they'd leave for anything short of a managers position - if they're even interested in that.

I just lost one of my best coaches in a stupid situation. WBA or someone offered the coach a contract. I make my offer, but then Aston Villa offers an even better deal. I receive word that Villa made an offer and that my coach accepted that offer (rejecting mine) in the same news cycle.

I didn't even have a chance to counter Villa's deal. And this was who I pegged to become my next Assistant Manager. :(

In FM the coaches loyalty to a club/manager is worse than the players. And no club ever approaches my assistant manager (David Moyes). Always after the coaches.

In a separate incident, as Arsenal, I lost Thierry Henry, youth coach, to Man City. Sort it out SI!

I just lost one of my best coaches in a stupid situation. WBA or someone offered the coach a contract. I make my offer, but then Aston Villa offers an even better deal. I receive word that Villa made an offer and that my coach accepted that offer (rejecting mine) in the same news cycle.

I didn't even have a chance to counter Villa's deal. And this was who I pegged to become my next Assistant Manager. :(

In FM the coaches loyalty to a club/manager is worse than the players. And no club ever approaches my assistant manager (David Moyes). Always after the coaches.

In a separate incident, as Arsenal, I lost Thierry Henry, youth coach, to Man City. Sort it out SI!

I lost Ledley King to Man City. He spends his whole career at Spurs as a player, becomes coach and then accepts a lower offer at an inferior club and leaves. Right.

The best thing to do in this situation is to create an off-shoot save & let the couch leave to see what type of deal he received, if he moves for less or similar money & it's the same role then it is worth uploading the save files for SI to have a look at.

If you go down this route you'll need to upload two files, one before the guy moves & one after.

Archived