Spanish "B" team, injuries galore?!

I'm managing Barcelona, and my B-team (aka Barcelona Atlètic) is proving to be a harmful presence rather than a helping hand...

Pretty much every single backup player I've sent there to retain match fitness (or to be registered as extra player for first-squad emergencies) picked up injury after injury, and not even the usual 10-days knock but serious long-term injuries that pretty much crippled the player's development or accelerated dramatically his decline.

Now, I can't really understand if it's just awful luck or it has something to do with Atlètic only having SIX coaches (manager, fitness and youth staff included).

But if it's the latter, shouldn't the B-team still benefit from the "parent club"'s facilities and staff?

Fine, the B team has separate manager and coaching staff, but that doesn't make much sense that it's treated like a fully independent club when it comes down to hiring/firing staff etc...

Basically the B team has become a liability... Young players can develop decently in the U-18 team, with the senior team's facilities and with top-notch staff. Then when they get promoted to the senior squad and they're not ready for it moving them to the B team is a huge step backwards for their career because they get inferior facilities and understaffed coaching crew...

This makes no sense to me... under said circumstances it's much better loaning the youngsters out, anywhere, because unless they end up in League One, they'd be better off than at the B-team of the best club in the world...

P.S. is the fact I didn't have Spanish Segunda as playable league part of the B team being a non-entity?

Most Spanish B teams in the database should be set to use the parent club facilities, including Barcelona B.

Not sure that the number of staff available to them makes much difference insofar as the frequency or length of injuries though, as you would likely see the same things happen at other feeder clubs or loan deals.

Seems to me like you may either just be unlucky, or that you have a few players who might be injury prone.

No player currently injured has an Injury Proneness higher than 12...

Most of them have been injured more/longer during their short stay at Barça B than during their tenure at the senior team...

My 2nd choice DM has had a total of 4 weeks absence for injury over his 5 years stay at the club, then I moved him to the B team and he tore his calf muscle in August... That can be a coincidence, but still...

Also, I notice most injuries happen in TRAINING, so I suspect the B team being ridiculously shortstaffed and not using the parent club's facilities.

No player currently injured has an Injury Proneness higher than 12...

Most of them have been injured more/longer during their short stay at Barça B than during their tenure at the senior team...

My 2nd choice DM has had a total of 4 weeks absence for injury over his 5 years stay at the club, then I moved him to the B team and he tore his calf muscle in August... That can be a coincidence, but still...

Also, I notice most injuries happen in TRAINING, so I suspect the B team being ridiculously shortstaffed and not using the parent club's facilities.

The B team manager might have training load set on high. Are they training related injuries or training ground injuries? You may have a very aggressive player that keeps accidentally injuring your own players.

Archived