Don't you just love getting an old timer their first cap?

Ackter

At the start of this season my first choice right back was being a selfish git and, despite being 33, was still asking for £140k+ in wages. I offered £135k and he rejected so sold him off. Looking around the world for a replacement (my backup DR wasn't ready yet - still only 18) I found a 29 year old who'd been a bit of a Premier league journeyman. He's played for 4 Prem teams in the last 9 seasons and has never been spectacular, but he had the attributes I wanted so brought him in.

After 6 months in the side, he's now been handed his first Spanish cap - replacing my old right back as first choice.

Lovely.

ive called16 year olds up just for the laugh and throw them in the deep end :D

I've done that too, I managed Guinea on my most recent save and because there were many regens who were dual nationality (french and guinean) with the French flag under their picture I gave them a cap just to make them 'officially' Guinean haha, one of them was a 15 y/o goalkeeper playing in CFA.

Also as Malta manager I gave a 34 y/o CM who was originially French a call up just to make him Maltese, I find it fun.

ive called16 year olds up just for the laugh and throw them in the deep end :D

I've done that before too.

Thing is....I called up this one kid named Kevin Canning, who was playing in League 2, and he scored. He kept playing well so I ended up taking him to the world cup and he scored 3 goals there too :D

Will never top Johan getting Andy Booth scoring the winner for England in an office network game World Cup Final.

Andy Booth is an FML legend.

Free transfer, aquisition fee of about 16k, 20 jumping, 20 heading, BEAST.

In my England NT save I gave Kevin Davies his first cap at 33. In my opinion however he was the best player available to partner Rooney. The next season his stats dropped and Carroll (or Bent) took over. I do believe he scored a goal and played generally well (hard worker).

I actually checked wikipedia and it says he got a cap in 2010, making him a real life example of players talked about in this thread!

Archived